Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mundy5  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2009 7:11:52 AM(UTC)
mundy5

Groups: Registered

All,

I'm trying to diagnose a problem with my Goldstar dehumidifier. It was running fine for about a year but then stopped running properly. What I mean is that I would turn it to the maximum setting and it would still shut off after 2 mins or so of running. I can see that the compressor and condenser were functioning because I can see water dripping out to the bucket. So I figured it would be one of several failed items (rotary switch, humidistat sensor, and/or the main board or some element in the board).

So I did the following tests.

1. I first unplugged the rotary switch and plugged in the dehumidifier and it runs.

2. So I figured that the rotary switch which is basically a potentiometer was failing. I took out my multimeter and ran a test and saw that it was measuring 0 - 47.9k Ohms in a continuous rising pattern. Conclusion the pot is working fine, unless it is rated at a different maximum resistance.

3. Now I am left with 2 other possibilities both of which I do not know how to test.

3a. It could be the humidstat sensor. I'm not sure how to test it. If someone can help me, I would greatly appreciate it.

3b. It could be some element of the main board. Again, I'm not sure how to test it. Can someone help me? The main board seems simple enough. It has several connectors for the bucket full switch, the high/low speed fan switch, and the rotary switch. It also has a connection for the motor for the fan and the humidstat sensor. It also seems to have a transformer that converts 125V AC to a lower AC voltage and lastly it has a relay that seems to work with the rotary switch and the humidstat sensor.

could someone help me?

It is functioning (i.e. running all the time which is great since it has really dried up our basement a lot). But it is not economical to run it all day all the time. So I would like to get the control system back up and running.

Here is the url for the parts diagram if anyone is interested:

Dehumidifier breakdown for Lg GHD30

Thank you.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.