Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Legend in Your Mind  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 21, 2009 1:05:49 PM(UTC)
Legend in Your Mind

Groups: Registered

I hope someone can help and hopefully understand that the brands here are old clunkers i have no clue what the names are..
Anyway my mother has an old AC window unit that she has to manually turn on and off or her bedroom gets so cold she can hang meat in there or it's like an oven..there doesn't seem to be an in between. Anyway, someone years ago told her the rheostat is broken and I have a couple of old units i found in junk piles and i have no idea if any of the parts even work.
I'm also assuming the thermostats is out and maybe works in conjunction with the rheostat? Does that make sense? i hope so. ;)
Anyway, is there somewhere i can look to see what parts i should be looking for to fix this old thing?
She's 83 so I really need to fix this and neither of us can afford to buy new.
I would like to yank the parts out of the junkers to see if they work, but I'm not sure what to look for. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.