Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
toddpedersen  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 7, 2009 5:02:12 PM(UTC)
toddpedersen

Groups: Registered

I have a 2 year old dehumidifier that was working great in my basement up until the past couple of weeks. I have been doing basement work, creating much dust, so I have been careful to clean the filter. I noticed the dehumidifier was showing 70% humidity, I set the level to 60% and it ran for a good 2 weeks straight, I happened to notice that there was not any water coming out the drain tube. The fan was blowing, the condensor was coming on, the coils were not cold or frozen. I took it apart to find that my filter cleaning was not enough. The coils were full of dust and the condensor was extremely hot. I notice nothing that looked like a coolant leak. Did I mess the unit up by running it for so long with the coils full of dust? Is it garbage now? Can the coolant be refilled? Please help.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

brutmeister  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2009 6:09:06 AM(UTC)
brutmeister

Try cleaning it up good and let it cool off before restarting. If it still doe'nt start look for a re-set button may just be locked out on overload.
toddpedersen  
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2009 6:26:54 AM(UTC)
toddpedersen

Thanks for the suggestion, but I have a question. If the unit fan runs, and the condensor kicks on, what would a reset button do if I can find one?
yorkdork  
#4 Posted : Saturday, August 8, 2009 4:54:41 AM(UTC)
yorkdork

I think u mean compressor. More than likely you have damaged the compressor by running extremely high heat and pressure. In rare cases if the compressor is not damaged, the oil in the system breaks down and clogs orifices(cap tubes). probably better start shopping for a new one.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply