Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ray1216  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 2, 2009 7:10:39 AM(UTC)
ray1216

Groups: Registered

My parents have a Goodman Gas/Electric Package Unit Model# PGB048125-1. The system stop cooling and won't turn on at all. A check of the the flashing error light on system board indicates "Compressor Output Delay". It flashes 6 times over and over. After 3 minutes the system tries to start again. The error light goes steady (normal operation) then returns to flashing 6 times again. Neither the blower fan motor, condensor fan motor or compressor come on. If I manually push the contactor pole in the compressor and condensor fan run. Does anyone have an idea what I am facing with on fixing the problem.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

icehouse  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 2, 2009 3:31:08 PM(UTC)
icehouse

Groups: Senior Expert

Goodman says it is a bad board. :(
Docholiday  
#3 Posted : Monday, May 30, 2011 4:35:00 PM(UTC)
Docholiday

Groups: Registered

I have a similar unit and disconnected the power to clean the coils. The manual on mine says its the Compressor delay switch. It states in case of loss of power, the delay switch will activate for 3 minutes to ensure that the Compressor has time to cool off before restart. I would check the relay switch before replacing the circuit board. I do know this...If you call an A/C Repair man, they will ALWAYS tell you that the Circuit board is bad. That is a big money maker for them...like 900 dollars to replace. Use a side of caution when getting an AC fixed and find a trust worthy AC repair man and ALWAYS go with them. I had a unit go bad and they told me the Circuit board was bad. They replaced the circuit board and still did not work. Then they replaced the the capacitor and it worked fine. They still tried to tell me the circuit board was bad before replacing the copacitor and if I did not stand there and watch him, then I would have been shelling out 1200 dollars.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply