Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jeremy69  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 6, 2009 1:52:40 AM(UTC)
jeremy69

Groups: Registered

I have a kenmore furnace made by sears. I'm have pilet lighting issue not sparking when i turn on the furnace and it's blowing out cold air... what should I do, on this matter? I think my blower unit went out last night too it's making a funny noise and it's really loud to would that cause this problem?? if so, how hard will it to be replace it?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ernesto1959  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 6, 2009 10:40:26 AM(UTC)
ernesto1959

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: jeremy69 Go to Quoted Post
I have a kenmore furnace made by sears. I'm have pilet lighting issue not sparking when i turn on the furnace and it's blowing out cold air... what should I do, on this matter? I think my blower unit went out last night too it's making a funny noise and it's really loud to would that cause this problem?? if so, how hard will it to be replace it?

be sure the fan wheel is secured to the motor , motor turns freely. If you find a problem with it . like blower wheel damaged or stuck in housing , most likely u will have to replace : fan wheel , blower motor and capacitor in case it have it. power must be off all the time , check it out what is the noise so you can move to the next step , but first let us see that noise problem.
icehouse  
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 7, 2009 3:07:50 PM(UTC)
icehouse

Groups: Senior Expert

[FONT=&quot]Problem[/FONT][FONT=&quot]: Your furnace will not ignite the gas to produce heat for your home. When a furnace has a bad ignitor what I see most of the time is the following sequence of operation: [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1. Thermostat calls for heat.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]2. Draft inducer motor starts.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]3. Pressure switch attached by a small plastic or rubber tube senses the[/FONT][FONT=&quot] negative pressure produced by the draft inducer and closes.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]4. Draft inducer runs for 30 seconds to a minute before you hear a gas[/FONT][FONT=&quot] hissing sound. The ignitor did not glow, the flame sensor (a small metal probe about 1/8" in diameter, with a white porcelain base) does not sense the flame, so after 8 to 10 seconds the hissing sounds stops with no ignition of gas to heat your home. Your furnace shuts down and goes into a lock out condition until you turn your power switch back off and on again. Then the sequence starts all over again with no ignition of the gas.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Solution[/FONT][FONT=&quot]:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] You probably need to purchase and install a new ignitor. I would suggest that you inspect your ignitor closely for cracks. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Make sure you do not touch the ignitor with your bare hands[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. If you do not visually see a crack, then you could have a furnace control board problem or a limit, rollout switch problem. [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply