Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
seckneraj  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 27, 2009 1:27:18 PM(UTC)
seckneraj

Groups: Registered

If there is a brief interuption of power, the dehumidifier turns off and will not restart until the switch is turned on again. I do not like this feature because it means entering the crawl space in my house everytime there is a power failure. It would be much more convenient if the unit turned on by itself when power is restored. Is this standard practice for this unit or do I need a new power switch, and if so, what is the part number?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

richappy  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 28, 2009 1:30:59 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
This is probably an electronic controlled unit. A simple manually controlled unit would not do this.
ernesto1959  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2009 9:19:38 AM(UTC)
ernesto1959

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: seckneraj Go to Quoted Post
If there is a brief interuption of power, the dehumidifier turns off and will not restart until the switch is turned on again. I do not like this feature because it means entering the crawl space in my house everytime there is a power failure. It would be much more convenient if the unit turned on by itself when power is restored. Is this standard practice for this unit or do I need a new power switch, and if so, what is the part number?

I would move the switch at the entrance of the crawl space were it can be easy to turn it on or off , just run a wire from the main to the switch , back to the main . be sure to have tight connections , be safe and shut down the breaker to the humidifier, normally red or black is the hot line in case is 120 v.
a regular light switch 15 amp may do it.may need to buy the electrical box , light switch and cover, plus the wire.
icehouse  
#4 Posted : Friday, January 30, 2009 2:26:35 PM(UTC)
icehouse

So when the sump pan fills with water, you have it piped to a drain ?
Or does it just overfill and fall to the ground. ?
Just wondering, because this just seems ill thought on your part.
What happens if there is other problems with the dehumidifier ?
Sorry but besides servicing I also served on Fire/Rescue Squad. :)
denman  
#5 Posted : Saturday, January 31, 2009 2:21:39 AM(UTC)
denman

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
My guess would be that default to off after a power failure is normal.

A machine does this because it wants you to program the unit when power is restored re: it does not have a battery backup to hold your settings OR it wants you to check the settings.
Both the below jiggeries only make sense if all the default settings for the unit are OK for you.

You will have to get a wiring diagram for the unit or have electronics knowledge.
If the switch is on the control panel there may be a couple ways to modify this.
The switch should be low voltage, but you have to know this to be able to determine what type of wire to use for jiggery pokery 1.

Both possible fixes are jiggery pokery

1. Find the two contacts on the switch you must push to restart. Solder wires to these and run them out to where it is easily accessible. Then install a momentary push to close switch here (resets when released).

2. Find the two contacts on the switch you must push to restart. Solder a jumper between them. The unit may not like this, often electronics have stuck key detection which results in an error, locking up the unit. Only way to check is hold the button down and unplug/plugin the unit, then hold the switch close for a while to see what happens. Also doing this may draw down the boards power supply and cause other problems so I do not really recommend this.

Might be a lot easier just to crawl in and restart it!!!
OR
Purchase a unit with auto-restart
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply