Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
IdahoBiker  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 6, 2009 3:24:45 PM(UTC)
IdahoBiker

Groups: Registered

This is a Carrier Day & Night Furnace. I have already Replaced the Control Valve & Electronic Control Board 2 Years ago, and a New Blower Motor Last Year.
My Problem is That The Furnace seems like it Takes too Long to Start Burning Constant. the Blower Runs for about 10 minutes, before the Furnace Tries to Ignite. it starts the Ignition process, Lights, and "Blows out" after about 10-20 Seconds, it repeats this process anywhere from 6-8 times Before it actually Burns Constantly?? Meanwhile it continues to Blow Cold Air into the House, which Drops the Interior Temperature, and therefore Takes Longer to Bring the House up to the Set Temperature of 68-70 Degrees. HOW can this be Corrected?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ernesto1959  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 7, 2009 12:18:57 AM(UTC)
ernesto1959

seems that everything is wrong because a bad job.first must be ex fan then igniter then burners and last blower motor. Tell me exactly what is happening and I may help you.
IdahoBiker  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 7, 2009 11:31:29 AM(UTC)
IdahoBiker

The blower runs and blows cold air for about 10 minutes, then the burner tries to ignite. it lights, and "Blows out" after about 10-20 Seconds, it repeats this process anywhere from 6-8 times Before it actually ignites and burns constantly. Meanwhile it continues to blow cold air into the house.
kanic  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 7, 2009 4:16:42 PM(UTC)
kanic

Do you have your blower in the low speed for heat?
are you able to set your fan & limit control and Air temperture switch?
icehouse  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 7, 2009 5:47:34 PM(UTC)
icehouse

Groups: Senior Expert

Read this from an article which appeared in the "ACR News":
Delayed Ignition:
Delayed ignition occurs when the main burners do not ignite within the four-second requirement. Delayed ignition can be extreme enough to cause a small explosion shooting flames out from the furnace.
If a customer claims to have a delayed ignition problem, inspect and repair the problem before you test the furnace. This is one of the only times a repair is suggested prior to cycling the unit because of the danger of explosion during appliance operation.
If delayed ignition occurs, check the following:
CAUTION: Stand to the side when testing a delayed ignition problem. The flame could roll out causing severe burns or death.
1. Look to see that the pilot location is correct and the pilot size is sufficient.
2. Ensure that the carryover on the burners is clean and aligned with the adjoining burners.
ernesto1959  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 7, 2009 9:05:06 PM(UTC)
ernesto1959

the unit first must turn on burners , then the fan must come on.
IdahoBiker  
#7 Posted : Thursday, January 8, 2009 1:07:45 PM(UTC)
IdahoBiker

Well at this Point the Blower is Coming on 1st (Hi-Speed // 2-speed Motor)
then after 10-12 minutes the furnace starts the ignition process...so HOW do I correct this Problem? When the Blower Motor was Changed out, the Serviceman swapped out the Old Motor with the New, and informed me that The wiring was different, but that He knew How to correct that, as he had done that many times, I'm wondering If he got his Wires Crossed:rolleyes:, pardon the Pun. the Bottom Line is I have a Lot of $$$ tied up in New Parts, and just want it to work right.In response to the "Set-Delay", it's NOT doing that: It comes On, and goes Out (repeats this Process 6-9 times, before It Ignites Constant) So what do I need to do to Troubleshoot & Repair?

Any ideas on WHERE? I can attain a Parts Schematic for this Furnace? It's a Model 397HAW036060 Day & Night (Mfg. by Carrier) in 1982
IdahoBiker  
#8 Posted : Thursday, January 8, 2009 1:12:30 PM(UTC)
IdahoBiker

Originally Posted by: kanic Go to Quoted Post
Do you have your blower in the low speed for heat?
are you able to set your fan & limit control and Air temperture switch?

No, the Fan is On Hi-Speed. I could Change the Fan Limit Control if you could give me a "Walkthrough"...the Fan is Coming on BEFORE the Burner.
IdahoBiker  
#9 Posted : Thursday, January 8, 2009 1:21:14 PM(UTC)
IdahoBiker

Originally Posted by: icehouse Go to Quoted Post
Read this from an article which appeared in the "ACR News":
Delayed Ignition:
Delayed ignition occurs when the main burners do not ignite within the four-second requirement. Delayed ignition can be extreme enough to cause a small explosion shooting flames out from the furnace.
If a customer claims to have a delayed ignition problem, inspect and repair the problem before you test the furnace. This is one of the only times a repair is suggested prior to cycling the unit because of the danger of explosion during appliance operation.
If delayed ignition occurs, check the following:
CAUTION: Stand to the side when testing a delayed ignition problem. The flame could roll out causing severe burns or death.
1. Look to see that the pilot location is correct and the pilot size is sufficient.
2. Ensure that the carryover on the burners is clean and aligned with the adjoining burners.

The Pilot appears to be Aligned Correctly, as is the Igniter. When it Cycles it gets Good? Spark and the Flame is about 3/4"-1" long. The Carryover appears to be working Correctly, and when it burns the Flame is Blue, all Burners appear to be Burning the Same.
icehouse  
#10 Posted : Thursday, January 8, 2009 1:23:54 PM(UTC)
icehouse

Groups: Senior Expert

Try this : http://customer.honeywel...pdf/69-0000s/69-0117.pdf :) wiring diagrams at end.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply