Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
fxwg98  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 9, 2008 3:46:37 PM(UTC)
fxwg98

Groups: Registered

I have a Amana 90 Air Command, it is leaking water, which is dripping out from the seal behind the blower. I've checked & blown out both exhaust and air supply lines (leading outside), check the humidifer (which is draining like it is required to) and checked the line coming from the unit behind the blowed, they drain into a floor drain. Does anybody have diagram or cut away showing what the inside of the blower unit looks like. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

agatto2  
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 14, 2008 3:26:00 AM(UTC)
agatto2

Their is usually no cutaways around. You might have to pull the blower motor to see where the water is coming from .

I am guessing this is an high efficient furnace. I would start by looking at all the tubing connections, make sure they are in the right place (look at - and read the instruction manual) they all should have clamps on them.

Every thing should be level (or fairly close) .

Make sure the hole in the floor is draining fast enough to take the flow from a humidifier , and a high efficiency furnace. If not ad a condensate pump.

I would also turn off the humidifier to see if the leak stops, more then one time i have had problems with improper installations of humidifiers.

If all that does not work re post ,,, there are a couple other things you might be able to do
icehouse  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 7, 2009 6:02:47 PM(UTC)
icehouse

Groups: Senior Expert

You have a "condensing furnace". Check the condensate drain. :)
ernesto1959  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 7, 2009 8:53:26 PM(UTC)
ernesto1959

if u r using a/c, ??? , may have a restriction in pan/drain line, but if u r using only at this time the furnace , then the humidifier , or water lines may be ur problem.:confused:
icehouse  
#5 Posted : Thursday, January 8, 2009 2:08:29 AM(UTC)
icehouse

Originally Posted by: ernesto1959 Go to Quoted Post
if u r using a/c, ??? , may have a restriction in pan/drain line, but if u r using only at this time the furnace , then the humidifier , or water lines may be ur problem.:confused:
:) Reading is Fundamental. A by-product of combustion in "Condensing Furnaces" is condensation. Read up before posting.
ernesto1959  
#6 Posted : Thursday, January 8, 2009 10:44:10 AM(UTC)
ernesto1959

do you really know?
ernesto1959  
#7 Posted : Thursday, January 8, 2009 10:55:07 AM(UTC)
ernesto1959

water is formed as product of combustion , but this water is discharged in a diferent line because is to acidic, straigh to the drain , his problem is a flooded air handler ; if he is not using a/c mode during the day, then the only cause is going to be water lines to humidifier. I DO NOT READ , I KNOW........:mad: . TRYING JUST TO HELP.....
icehouse  
#8 Posted : Thursday, January 8, 2009 11:30:56 AM(UTC)
icehouse

READ: 90+ condensing furnaces are equipped with two drains.
It is the second drain that usually gets clogged causing moisture to accumulate. This will cause leaking. ;)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply