Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
zwoij  
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 6, 2008 9:04:39 PM(UTC)
zwoij

Groups: Registered

11 year old Quatro 414410A (serial # HW SV 9500) forced air heater will not ignite. The induced draft motor comes on, but the electronic ignition will not ignite. The diagnostic flashing light says unit is running normally. Are there any fixes I should try myself before calling in a technician? Oh, my wife thinks she heard a chirping sound last night in the room below the part of the attic where the furnace is, and the heater stopped working this morning.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

agatto2  
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 14, 2008 3:33:06 AM(UTC)
agatto2

Check that the flue pipe is clear. You can easily do this by just removing temporarily.

A little more information would be helpful, at what point in the starting sequence does it not start, ex: do you hear the gas valve click on -- Is the hot surface ingnitor glowing -- Or is it a pilot and not lighting.
zwoij  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 15, 2008 9:12:57 AM(UTC)
zwoij

I will see about the flue pipe.

When I turn on the thermostat, the first motor immediately comes on, but that is all. I do not hear the gas valve click on, the ignitor does not try to come on. When it functions correctly, the first motor comes on, then a second high pitched whine begins, it ignites, and finally the blower comes on. We're not getting past the first stage.
It has actually been working fine for several days now, but I'm afraid it will go out again.
Shootist  
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 18, 2008 5:12:44 AM(UTC)
Shootist

I'd be willing to wager that you have a bad Honeywell "smart valve". Many of those Quattros came with that system. The way to tell is look and see if you have the 2 molex connectors on the gas valve. One connector has 4 pins in a straight line, the other has 4 pins in a square pattern. You can try unplugging and replugging these connectors and see if the furnace will work again. If it does, this will only be temporary as once the valve starts acting up it will need to be replaced.
Sometimes the little hot-surface ignitor will crack but usually you would still hear the little click when it is sent the signal from the valve.
Good luck!
icehouse  
#5 Posted : Monday, December 22, 2008 9:58:26 AM(UTC)
icehouse

Groups: Senior Expert

SublimeMasterJW  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, December 23, 2008 6:56:15 PM(UTC)
SublimeMasterJW

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Before you blow any money, blow out the rubber tube that goes from draft inducer motor to pressure switch.
savagegolfer  
#7 Posted : Sunday, December 28, 2008 3:13:01 PM(UTC)
savagegolfer

Also check and make sure all your ground wire are secure. Commenly they get lose do to vibration.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply