Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
giantsfan  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 24, 2011 11:36:56 AM(UTC)
giantsfan

Groups: Registered

My Lennox heater starts up fine runs for about 4 to 5 mins. then the burners shut off.Everything else stays running except the burners.The front panel lights up a open rollout switch which I replaced hoping that was the problem.But that did not fix it.HELP PLEASE :)
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

giantsfan  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 24, 2011 11:38:27 AM(UTC)
giantsfan

keeps blowing air
SteveKJR  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 27, 2011 9:28:40 AM(UTC)
SteveKJR

It could be that the sensor in the heat exchanger is the problem. Some units have several heat sensors with or without a reset.

When the unit shuts down, disconnect each sensor and ohm them out before they cool down - if you get a reading across all the ones you checked then the problem is elswhere - could be in the board.

SteveKJR

Originally Posted by: giantsfan Go to Quoted Post
My Lennox heater starts up fine runs for about 4 to 5 mins. then the burners shut off.Everything else stays running except the burners.The front panel lights up a open rollout switch which I replaced hoping that was the problem.But that did not fix it.HELP PLEASE :)
giantsfan  
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 27, 2011 11:41:54 AM(UTC)
giantsfan

Well come to find out what was wrong with my unit was that the installer built a box in my attic for a filter for my unit.Why they would do something so stupid is beyond me.I had to air draw to my unit come to find out so I started checking my ducts to see if the came loose or became torn by something.Come to find out when I started looking around I found the box with the filter and took it out and relocated it to a more convient place to get to change.
SteveKJR  
#5 Posted : Thursday, January 27, 2011 12:51:53 PM(UTC)
SteveKJR

So, it sounds like the high limit was doing the job - the filter caused an air flow problem by reducing airflow across the heat excahnger (that is if the filter you found was completely clogged up). As a result, the temperature in the heat exchanger exceeded the temp on the sensor and the unit shut down.

Good find. Keep an eye on those filters - they can cause problems.

SteveKJR

Originally Posted by: giantsfan Go to Quoted Post
Well come to find out what was wrong with my unit was that the installer built a box in my attic for a filter for my unit.Why they would do something so stupid is beyond me.I had to air draw to my unit come to find out so I started checking my ducts to see if the came loose or became torn by something.Come to find out when I started looking around I found the box with the filter and took it out and relocated it to a more convient place to get to change.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply