Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
lcn96  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 5:40:40 AM(UTC)
lcn96

Groups: Registered

Am installing a comfort aire 75000 btu high efficiency gas furnace installed in the horizontal position
Installation is complete and done according to manual and codes.
Used 2" exhaust and intake with minimal elbows and length. Have 2 10" returns and 5- 6" supply. the problem is that the rollout and limits keep opening after a short period I have tried speeding up the fan, checked all ductwork for flow. The flame in the burner compartment seems to be large, erratic, and close to the limit switches. This is a new gas service and I have not yet verified the gas pressure, that will be my next step.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

LCN
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

mchughpd  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 28, 2009 6:10:40 PM(UTC)
mchughpd

ck all your sizings, 75,000 btu requires more than what i see here
tony_pullen23@yahoo.com  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 17, 2009 5:23:22 PM(UTC)
tony_pullen23@yahoo.com

is this natural or lp gas? do you have the correct jet installed?
also five 6" ducts can only move about 560 cfm and that isn't nearly enough air flow. most likely your problem. why do you have two 10" returns and only 5-6inch ducts? is this ten inch duct or ten inch grills?
lenbernhardt  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 18, 2009 5:50:39 PM(UTC)
lenbernhardt

Originally Posted by: lcn96 Go to Quoted Post
Am installing a comfort aire 75000 btu high efficiency gas furnace installed in the horizontal position
Installation is complete and done according to manual and codes.
Used 2" exhaust and intake with minimal elbows and length. Have 2 10" returns and 5- 6" supply. the problem is that the rollout and limits keep opening after a short period I have tried speeding up the fan, checked all ductwork for flow. The flame in the burner compartment seems to be large, erratic, and close to the limit switches. This is a new gas service and I have not yet verified the gas pressure, that will be my next step.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

LCN

Well. A 75000 Btu gas furnace is more than likely equipped with a 3 ton a/c blower which requires 1200 CFM. 5- 6" Supplies and 2-10" returns will only handle around 800 (just a guess) Also 75000 btu should be vented with a minimum 3" exhaust. Sounds to me like you have too much furnace and not enough duct.
lenbernhardt  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 18, 2009 5:51:56 PM(UTC)
lenbernhardt

Originally Posted by: lenbernhardt Go to Quoted Post
Well. A 75000 Btu gas furnace is more than likely equipped with a 3 ton a/c blower which requires 1200 CFM. 5- 6" Supplies and 2-10" returns will only handle around 800 (just a guess) Also 75000 btu should be vented with a minimum 3" exhaust. Sounds to me like you have too much furnace and not enough duct.

First thing I would do is remove the exhaust vent pipe and watch your flame.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply