Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
artie in miami  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 17, 2008 1:12:00 PM(UTC)
artie in miami

Groups: Registered

does anyone know where I can get parts for my bosch tankless hot water heater besides that "houseneeds" place on the internet ? Mine has the hydrogenerator that makes the spark to light the gas using the moving water (like hoover dam) and I am not getting the spark. Is it possible to convert this model over to one that has a battery supplied spark or even one that uses a transformer to take 110 volts down to the 1.3 volts used. I wonder if I can take a regular battery and substitute it for the hydrogenerator. Can anyone give me some advice on this thing...someone said that I should have bought a "Rinnai" tankless...now they tell me !!

Actually, I have had good luck with the bosch for three years...it made the water too hot (incoming water in miami is around 70 degrees) and I had to turn the unit down ! Bosch (via "houseneeds") will only sell the complete hydrogenerator for $110 plus shipping...all that I think I need is the flow wheel/magnet that probably costs $2. Does anyone know what the magnet looks like when new ?? I cannot tell if the two "seams"in the magnet are cracks or not...they are equally opposite each other on the round face of the magnet ?? Put the voltmeter on the leads coming out of the hydrogenerator and got zero volts (should be 1.3 volts)...I wonder if that is dc or ac coming out of the hydrogenerator ?? Maybe that is why it was zero volts...I was using the dc meter.

artie in miami
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

jmatusik  
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 8, 2009 7:52:17 AM(UTC)
jmatusik

It is definitely AC voltage out of the hydrogenerator
icehouse  
#3 Posted : Sunday, February 8, 2009 3:37:02 PM(UTC)
icehouse

Groups: Senior Expert

125 HK is a discontinued model. Replaced by 1600
icehouse  
#4 Posted : Sunday, February 8, 2009 3:48:44 PM(UTC)
icehouse

Groups: Senior Expert

Cleaning the hydro generator, download and read.
File Attachment(s):
TWH-G1-17_Cleaning_hydrogenerator.pdf (173kb) downloaded 121 time(s).
Karl in Austin  
#5 Posted : Thursday, February 11, 2010 3:04:22 PM(UTC)
Karl in Austin

If the wires from the hydrogenerator are black and red, the voltage should be at least 1.3VDC.

If the wires from the hydrogenerator are blue and brown, the voltage should be at least 2.8VAC.

NOTE THAT ONE VOLTAGE IS AC AND THE OTHER DC
wells  
#6 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2012 9:16:02 AM(UTC)
wells

According to the upper tech support the control panel will actually convert the power from the hydrogenerator to the correct voltage ac or dc without having to make any Manuel changes. Also per my direct question a 1.5 vdc battery (I am using a AA) is sufficient for powering the unit. I have been powering my unit for just over a month with a battery hooked into where the hydrogenertor would have plugged into by placing a couple of wires into the connecter and not having to cut anything to replace at a later time. I hope this helps everyone else also.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply