Discuss

Cuisinart DCC 2000 coffee maker

in

General Talk

. "

My Cuisinart DCC coffee maker has quit working. The clock works...the automatic brew time can be set, and the button

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > General Talk » Cuisinart DCC 2000 coffee maker

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-07-2008, 07:34 PM

gljones is on a distinguished road
Default Cuisinart DCC 2000 coffee maker

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

My Cuisinart DCC coffee maker has quit working. The clock works...the automatic brew time can be set, and the button labled "1-4" lights up. Nothing else lights up nor does it brew coffee. Any ideas anyone?
Thanks,
Gary

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 06-04-2008, 07:48 AM

Winipoo5 is on a distinguished road

My Cuisinart coffee maker leaks all the water out before making coffee
Old 06-04-2008, 07:50 AM

Winipoo5 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

My Cruisinart coffeemaker leaks all the water out before it can make coffee
Old 11-18-2008, 02:37 AM

sheeva is on a distinguished road

Maybe you should check the hose. The problem is you can not remove the bottom without a special tool and the hose is unavailable. I am curious how EA6BDVR removed the bottom and then found the hose. I wound up braking the bottom of my coffee maker with the intent of gluing it but then could not find the hose.

I have a quick search and I found this good article in repairing coffee maker: [URL="http://home.howstuffworks.com/coffee-maker4.htm"]HowStuffWorks "Drip Coffee Maker Problems"[/URL]
Old 11-28-2008, 04:16 PM

Ardee is on a distinguished road

The problem may be caused not by a hose per se but by a check valve in the inlet hose. This little gadget, about an inch inside the heater end of the tube, allows water to flow into the heating element but not back -- unless it's broken. This hose is the one closest to the outside edge of the bottom.

I'm sure *someone* must sell a replacement part, and I'm in the middle of that search. But I did get an older, broken coffeemaker from my brother (another member of "the Slow Wastebasket" society!

I was able to disassemble my Model CBC-00PC2 using a standard Torx 10 screwdriver. However when I tried to take apart an older model, DCC-1200, I found that it used the security version of the Torx 10 screw: it has a tiny nipple (correct word?) in the center of the screwhead that prevents a standard Torx driver to fit. I was unable to find the correct screwdriver and a security Torx bit is too thick to fit, so my brother and I resorted to brute strength to pop of the bottom.

The only other problem I had was that the older hose was a bit brittle and both the older and newer ones had sort of welded themselves to the aluminum heater element tube. Luckily, there was enough extra length and I was able to make it fit -- barely! I lost one of the little metal clips so substituted a tiny cable tie.

Everything seems to work. Oh, the only reason I knew about the check valve is that I previously disassembled the thing to see what was wrong and I found something (probably a piece of the valve!) floating around.

Hope this helps.
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.