Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bentwrench1999  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2008 7:50:17 AM(UTC)
bentwrench1999

Groups: Senior Expert

Can anyone offer up a good customer story? I've seen some very funny things in this business. For the 28 yrs. I ran service calls I wish I had wrote down all the funny things I've seen...I would have a book by now.. One story comes to mind..I was changing out the defrost element heater on an old whirlpool ref. I cut my hand on the evap. fins. The lady asked if I had AIDS, and I told her the last AIDS test said I was O.K. ha ha Needles to say, I was done with that repair..wrench:)
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

richappy  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2008 12:45:54 PM(UTC)
richappy

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Did she want to pay with bodily favors!! I have been solicited before for sex for repair, but always declined, anyone that loose probably has some disease!
bentwrench1999  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2008 1:53:43 PM(UTC)
bentwrench1999

Oh the stories I could tell..ha ha..when I was a young tech. I started in this field in 1971 ..21yrs old. Luckily I was married, no temptation there. When they offered up "favors", my Generic answer was "O.K., so how do I pay my boss back"? Ya should've seen the looks..hee hee:) wrench
Gene  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2008 2:11:48 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
It's not as funny as your story but..

A few years ago I had a service call for an old electric Whirlpool oven. The lady claimed that the upper oven does not bake.

Well, I opened the oven door and... there was no a heating element at all, just two wires hanging out of the back panel.

Gene.
richappy  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2008 3:48:07 PM(UTC)
richappy

Got a call from a run down apartment complex,"...help, help the water is going all over.....".
Water inlet hose burst in an upstairs unit with unusually high water pressure. All I could scream is "turn the water valve off...",and I went through the motions of turning the valve off, but the poor gal couldn't do it. I was fixing a fridg. @ Penn State and couldn't come!! Oh well, I tried to turn it off over the phone!!
ripleys  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2008 5:52:08 PM(UTC)
ripleys

Well when I was just starting out in this business as an appliance tech in 1988, I had a call on a wringer washer. I forget what the problem was but she proceeded to tell me that her blouse got caught somehow in the wringer part and proceeded to pull her breast into the machine. She was nice enough to show me the bruises:eek:

FYI I am a good o'l Canadian guy up here in Canada about 20 miles from Niagara Falls. Been a GE service tech for 15 years and started my own repair and installation business 3 years ago and it's been very good. I don't get much time to get on here to help out but I am glad to be a part of this "professional" group.:)
richappy  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2008 12:25:42 AM(UTC)
richappy

To build up business you gotta have a friendly smile and tell a joke when you leave,like," what do you get when you cross breed a pit bull and a collie, a split personality dog that will chew your leg off, then run for help, remember Lassie", or what passed thru the bugs mind as he hit the windshield, uh, his little feet".
bentwrench1999  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2008 1:28:01 PM(UTC)
bentwrench1999

Funny stuff.. Keep in going guys:) :)
kawfeeman  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2008 6:56:18 PM(UTC)
kawfeeman

my office took a call from a client that said that she heard funny noises coming from behind her Bosch walloven. turns out the storeage cabinet was open and the cat climbed in and got up in the cabinet behind the oven and lodged himself in there.. I said, after pulling the oven out, when did you notice the cat was gone? The customer said about 2-3 days ago ...
Gene  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2008 7:49:03 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
One lady called my office to find out when she will get her part installed. When they asked her what the technician's name was, she said "I don't remember but he is african american."
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply