Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
richappy  
#11 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2008 12:56:30 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Got a call from an unfriendly sounding lady 25 miles away, I could smell trouble.
She said," come fix my washer..", I said, What make or model# is it, she said I don't know. I asked what is wrong with it and she was evasive. I told her it's too far, sorry, and hung up.
As a side story, what do you do when a telemarketer calls, just say uh,I just ran over my dog, the wife's leaving me and the house is being foreclosed tomorrow, other than that, everything is just fine.
kawfeeman  
#12 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2008 5:04:38 AM(UTC)
kawfeeman

I have had that happen to me too .. ( im italian... ).... some of my clients call my office, and when they cannot remember my name they usually say, "you know, the heavy set guy with short hair who runs around like he drinks too much coffee" .. ( they should only know how much coffee i do drink , 12-15 cups / day ) .. all i want to do is get in , complete repair and get my check , as quickly as possible !
kawfeeman  
#13 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2008 5:15:55 AM(UTC)
kawfeeman

Once i had a client call me and she said that she has been away for 8 days on a business trip and the GE washer is full of water ( her husband tried to wash clothes ) Now it will not agitate or drain... ( Old GE washer w/ 4 port pump ) ... so i figured something was stuck in the pump... I went and pulled a pair of women's underwear from the pump and left them out and proceeded to re-assemble everything. She came to laundry area and said, "what the hell is this "? when i told her that they were in the pump, she stormed away and got on the phone and began yelling and screaming on the phone. ( little did i know at the time that it was her husband on the phone ) He was having an affair , and his little chippee did her laundry ... the underwear was the girlfriend's ... about 7 months later, i went to a neighbor's and found out that there were divorce proceedings in progress.
kooler  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2008 3:02:47 PM(UTC)
kooler

The one I use often is:
Q. What do you give a woman who has everything??
A. Penicillin

I've seen my share of interesting things... I can remember having a rooftop view on a sunny day of one of the space shuttles mounted piggyback on a 747 making a fuel stop in Mobile during the middle 80s on its way back to Fla... It circled low overhead while I was swapping out an A/C compressor... Impressive sight indeed...
Another time I spent a weekend on call and ended up working almost 40 hours altogether but lack of sleep didn't stop me from a last-minute decision to catch a RobinTrower concert in Pensacola Fla; I saw the show in my dirty work uniform... Never told the boss about that one... Then there was the time while checking a milk cooling tank at a dairyfarm the barnyard dog went into attack mode when I went to my truck for a refrigerant drum; he would've gotten me too if I hadn't inverted the cylinder, aimed and opened the valve for a blast of liquid freon to his mug...
And I have been befallen by my own antics, like not getting my extension ladder secured fast enough before the wind blew it over leaving me stranded on a store rooftop... This was the days before cell phones and fortunately I was able to lower myself to a secondary roof and then a dumpster.... Or almost succumbing to asphyxiation in a display case while trying to stifle a blowing refrigerant leak; freaked one ol lady out that was pushing a grocery cart nearby when I flopped down on the floor gasping for oxygen...
And I know one thing that I'm sure has happened to other techs; WHY is it that the power goes out to an entire house or superduper grocery store the very exact second I shut off a single 20 amp circuit breaker??? I can understand this happening once in a lifetime but its happened to me several times... Must be something supernatural going on here...
Another ol favorite is once finding a double glass coke cooler with it's doors off running inside a walk-in beer cooler... The customer explained he knew it wouldn't cool the walk-in down to 35° but figured it would at least hold it around 50 or 55°... He couldn't understand why it his beer was 100°...
I was never solicited for sex but did once walk into a grocery store mechanical room to find a male and female employee getting VERY acquainted... Wait, I do recall a keg cooler call at a bar and one female patron wearing a flowery blouse asked if I wanted to 'stop and smell the roses' while undoing a couple of buttons... I declined but only cuz this broad put the 'UG' in ugly; if you looked up the word 'ugly' in the dictionary you'd see her picture..
I've seen one fridge that a lady accidently blasted with a shotgun, she was pulling it out of the closet and dropped it sending a nice 12 inch birdshot pattern into the side... Or the one lady that had a dead song bird in her freezer I was defrosting... Her explanation was that she was an artist and she was keeping the specimen to acquire exquisite detail with a painting she was working on... Poor feller committed suicide by flying into her glass sliding door so there was no harm keeping him to benefit the Arts community...
I once declined to work on a chest freezer that a customer told me had quit 2 months earlier and they still hadn't cleaned or removed any of the food inside.. I got no closer than 50 feet to that thing...
Another call was from the AK State Troopers, their evidence freezer from all the hunting violations had blood running out of it; fortunately that was only a start relay issue so they never opened the lid until everything refroze...
These are only a few items I could think of to add to this thread; if more come to mind I'll write back... cheers, kooler
richappy  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2008 4:44:29 PM(UTC)
richappy

Paul Harvey told this true story: " A gal was jogging in central park with her large dog when a "flasher" ran out of an alley and exposed himself: The doctors at the hospital said they think they could get everything back together again".
kanislatrans  
#16 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2008 9:10:21 AM(UTC)
kanislatrans

Groups: Registered

I got one today. I'm working on a whirlpool electric dryer. terminal cracked. so I start removing the power cord and the lady of the house stops and says"aren't you afraid you'll electrocute yourself" so I say"no maam, I have the dryer unplugged" so she says" what about the electriciy left in the cord?" (grin) so I say" I drained that back into my laptop." planning on following that with a short explanation of basic electrical concepts. but she just says" well thats good I woldn't want it to start a fire back there."

ingorance is surely bliss.(grin)
kooler  
#17 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2008 12:48:10 PM(UTC)
kooler

Another one I've used a number of times in a grocery store is when searching for refrigerant leaks in the display cases, the leak detector I use emits a rhythmic audible pulsing tone like that of a geiger counter... There's always that curious shopper that comes along pushing a buggy staring at me with that 'duhhhh what are you doing' look on their face... I can't pass up the chance to say, 'Oh it's okay, I'm just checking for radiation in the meat', then go on about my business as if it's nothing to worry about...
richappy  
#18 Posted : Thursday, March 6, 2008 1:40:39 PM(UTC)
richappy

Why did the chicken cross the road, jump in a mud puddle, come up squawking obscentities, then cross the road again?
He wanted to show he was a dirty rotten double crosser and won't take crap from anyone!!
Usually, with flakey customers, it just helps to be firm and business like. I have taken people to court before, but anymore it's hardly worth it. I just try to be careful and choose my customers.
richappy  
#19 Posted : Wednesday, April 2, 2008 3:12:08 AM(UTC)
richappy

While I was fixing a washer, the lady of this old farmhouse calmly showed me what she felt was a minor problem with her gas stove. She calmly turned it on and soon flames where coming out the door. She asked me what the problem was. Uh, I said wow you gotta replace the regulator on your propane bottle, like real quick! First time I had ever seen this!
richappy  
#20 Posted : Saturday, April 26, 2008 4:12:04 PM(UTC)
richappy

I tell this joke to children. What passed through the bugs mind as he hit the windshield, uh, his tiny feet, he hit head first.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply