Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
frigmartin  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2009 6:33:05 PM(UTC)
frigmartin

Groups: Registered

I moved my 1998 upright freezer from my workshop to the dining room of my house. For the first 3 days it worked fine, and then suddenly stopped freezing. As suggested by an advisor over the phone, I disconnected it for 6 or more hours. Well that didn't work and the freezer would only freeze the upper shelf coils. Each of 3 shelves have coils under them. I decided to install a bolt-on tap valve to charge it. I charged on the low side of the compressor with about 3/4 can of 134a. The tag inside the door indicates 134a. Now the compressor won't stop. At first I set the dial at #6 (max), and decided to reset it at #1 (min), even though the water containers I placed inside have now frozen, the compressor has not stopped. One side of the freezer box is extremely hot, the other side is warm. The back panel is at ambient termperature. Did I use too much refrigerant? I am in quandry?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.