Discuss

ice maker auger dive bracket stripped on frigidaire gallery FRS24WSCB1

in

General Talk

. "

I used to get an ice dam at the base of my icemaker tray,because of some overflow of the water

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > General Talk » ice maker auger dive bracket stripped on frigidaire gallery FRS24WSCB1

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-19-2008, 09:24 AM

kirkthe11 is on a distinguished road
Default ice maker auger dive bracket stripped on frigidaire gallery FRS24WSCB1

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

I used to get an ice dam at the base of my icemaker tray,because of some overflow of the water when the ice maker was filling. this dam would freeze around the auger and precvent it from turning. I would have to remove the ice dam and all would be fine. Over time I figured out that the overflow was due to a tipped down ice maker unit (how or why I don't know), but I remedied it by shimming with wood shims between the wall of the freezer and the maker itself, thus leveling it. No more ice damn!

Too little too late, however. It appears that over time the auger drive behind the removable ice tray is now stripped or something, as it just spins freely when it meets with any resistance. It likely occured from the motor drive turning and the auger frozen in position. The motor turns fine, but the engaging bracket stays stationary and does not turn with the drive shaft when it meets resistance (hand, pliers, ice tray auger, etc.). There appears to be a clip which is welded to a nut. I don't have any luck tightening OR unloosening the nut or clip.

Has anyone encountered this symptom and does anyone have answer to this needed repair question? AND, what do I need to do or order or replace once the nut/clip is off, provided that those are the sources of the trouble?

Signed, kirkthe11 (tired of reaching in for ice).

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 12-19-2008, 09:58 AM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

libertyappl is on a distinguished road

Please post your model number for the best information.

Nat
-We don't have a fancy website but, we do have fast reliable service in South Central Missouri & do warranty work for Whirlpool, Estate, Maytag, Amana, Frigidaire, Gibson & more. We service most of the South Central Ozarks region. Send us an email at libertyapplservice@yahoo.com
We are also Ministers that do a weekly jail house ministry.

Rate Liberty Appliance Service on MyPros.com
Old 12-19-2008, 03:37 PM

kirkthe11 is on a distinguished road
Default I did post the model # in the subject line/

But since you did not see it. It is a Frigidaire Gallery Professional Series made in 1995. The Model is [B][COLOR=#120019]FRS24WSCB1 [/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=#120019][/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=#120019]Hope you can help.[/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=#120019][/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=#120019]Thank you. Kirkthe11[/COLOR][/B]
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.