Discuss

HELP !?#*& Washer Issues!

in

General Talk

. "

Hello all, I posted here about my trusty whirlpool washer and got good advice on the drive gear which I

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > General Talk » HELP !?#*& Washer Issues!

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-08-2008, 04:09 PM

skidoohead is on a distinguished road
Default HELP !?#*& Washer Issues!

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

Hello all,

I posted here about my trusty whirlpool washer and got good advice on the drive gear which I found local an d replaced this evening. I got it all back together and I have a new problem. The drum now spins and empties, but the agitator remains on while it is spinning! What did I get wrong? Any help would be much appreciated!

Mike

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 12-08-2008, 06:48 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Gene has a brilliant futureGene has a brilliant future

Hi Mike,

I did not get clear which part did you replace. I've read the previous thread ([URL]http://forum.appliancepartspros.com/washer-repair/16583-whirlpool-washer-wont-spin.html[/URL]) and found the only reply by libertyappl where she recommended to check the coupler (#13 on the [URL="http://www.appliancepartspros.com/partsearch/model.aspx?diagram_id=84707&&model_id=257368"]break down diagram[/URL]).

Can you please explain , using the reference numbers and the diagrams, which part did you replace?

Here are the break down diagrams for the Whirlpool washer [url=http://www.appliancepartspros.com/partsearch/model.aspx?diagram_id=84706&&model_id=257368]Model LSL9244EQ0[/url]

Gene.

Order Appliance Parts with 365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy - AppliancePartsPros.com
Old 12-09-2008, 01:36 PM

skidoohead is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=Gene;49027]Hi Mike,

I did not get clear which part did you replace. I've read the previous thread ([URL]http://forum.appliancepartspros.com/washer-repair/16583-whirlpool-washer-wont-spin.html[/URL]) and found the only reply by libertyappl where she recommended to check the coupler (#13 on the [URL="http://www.appliancepartspros.com/partsearch/model.aspx?diagram_id=84707&&model_id=257368"]break down diagram[/URL]).

Can you please explain , using the reference numbers and the diagrams, which part did you replace?

Here are the break down diagrams for the Whirlpool washer [url=http://www.appliancepartspros.com/partsearch/model.aspx?diagram_id=84706&&model_id=257368]Model LSL9244EQ0[/url]

Gene.[/QUOTE]
Thanks Gene!

I found the advice that the drive coupling was probably bad so took it apart and indeed it was, so I got that which is part 13. While taking it apart, the little tab on the plastic part above the clutch broke off so I had to buy a new clutch as well just to get the broken part. This is in the rebuild kit part 15, and in the clutch assembly part 5. SO, I figured while I had it apart and had a new clutch, why not replace that at the same time. I put the new clutch on that came with two springs, one green and one blue. The blue was already installed and said it was for the larger models, which this is so I left it. Got it all back together and the agitator didn't slow down a bit when it went into spin cycle. SO, I figured it had to have something to do with the clutch so I took it back apart and replaced the spring with the one from the old clutch (which was red) and put it all back together. This time, the agitator's action was somewhat sporadic and jerky, but as the machine attempted to get up to speed you could tell something was dragging so I have to assume the red spring has too much tension or something, and the blue not enough? I am going right now to take it apart again and put the old clutch with it's original red spring back in and give that a try. I appreciate your help.

Mike
Old 12-22-2008, 02:03 AM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

richappy is a name known to all

Did you replace a gear in the tranny??