Discuss

In sink-erator flange removal

in

Garbage Disposer Repair

. "

It is not part of the sink. Use either a blow dryer on hot or a propane torch to loosen

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Garbage Disposer Repair » In sink-erator flange removal

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-03-2013, 04:09 AM

shawn4455369 is on a distinguished road

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

It is not part of the sink. Use either a blow dryer on hot or a propane torch to loosen the old flange. BE CAREFUL! Most all disposer sink drains are held in by a mounting collar & three screws going up through the disposer unit mounting ring. The sink flange/drain is screwed into the mounting collar from inside the sink,, which is mounted under the sink. I always run @ a half inch round bead of plumbers putty just under the sink flange where the brand name is stamped. Do not use a rubber ring in sink. Remove excess putty after tightening. Good luck. Always run water with unit on for a few seconds after food is down the drain to rinse out any acidic food residue.

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 05-15-2014, 10:29 PM

rizzardo is on a distinguished road
Default In sink-erator flange removal necessary?

Hi,

I am about to replace my badger 5 with an evolution excel.

The sink flange is the same in sink-erator quick mount system and the manufacturer states that it is not necessary to replace the flange.

My flange is 5 and a half years old, and I have never had a problem with it. But I figure if I am going to replace the unit, now would be the time to replace the flange. At the same time, if it ain't broke...

Anyone thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers!
Old 06-20-2014, 01:52 AM

natashaB is on a distinguished road

I had a problem with that before. I just ask for help with the garbage collector to know what to do with it.
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.