Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rodrigt  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 26, 2009 8:58:21 PM(UTC)
rodrigt

Groups: Registered

My (3 year old, 2006) batch-feed InSinkErator, garbage disposal (with magnetic switch activation) suddenly produced a loose magnet in the sink (not down inside the grinding compartment). This magnet is about 1/2" x 3/8" x 3/8". My best guess is that it came loose from within the disposal and came upward into the sink by being attached to the magnets that are encapsulated in the cover that one places and rotates to turn on the disposal.

At this moment I don't have the model number because the darn thing failed as I left town. Can anyone describe how to fix this? A friend pondered on perhaps just needing to replace the "collar" just below the sink, but without needing to replace the entire unit. (How would I do this?)

At Garbage Disposal | Kitchen Garbage Disposers | Food Waste Disposers | Garbage Disposals - InSinkErator I notice that their "top-of-the line" garbage disposals all seem to be continuous feed, i.e. no cover to insert and rotate to activate the device. Did I get stuck with some "lemon" design that doesn't work? I sure would appreciate suggestions on how to get this fixed! Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.