Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
redfox  
#1 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2007 4:38:22 PM(UTC)
redfox

Groups: Registered

The old rubber stainer dissolved and i tore it out. It seems I must take the disposal off from the bottom of the sink in order to put in a new rubber "strainer" (is this part called the flange?).

Question: how do i remove the old and install the new rubber sink drain/strain? Where do I buy a new one? This website sells a whirlpool one but i cant tell if it is installed from under the sink or not.

thx
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Admin / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2007 3:28:52 PM(UTC)
Admin / APP Team

Groups:

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I think your model number is KCDI250X3. Click here for breakdown diagrams and parts (by the way, Whirlpool owns KitchenAid, that's why it would say "made by Whirlpool"). Check out the diagram below. I think you're talking about replacing number 8 rubber gasket. If so, the process is quite simple. First, unplug the disposer power cord. Disconnect the drain outlet pipe from the disposer. To remove the garbage disposer insert an allen wrench (there should be one in a pocket taped to the side of the disposer) in to one of the "ears" (See attached photo below) and turn to unlock the disposer from the flange. Now you can replace the rubber gasket. Re-install the disposer and re-connect the drain. Run water through the sink for a minute and make sure there are no leaks.

UserPostedImage

driveBlockAndSpinTube.jpg
Admin / APP Team attached the following image(s):
gb.jpg
eddieg  
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 30, 2008 12:22:21 PM(UTC)
eddieg

Groups: Registered

Had the same problem. Your help made the job quite easy. Thanks
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply