||07-02-2011 01:27 AM
sharez:Removing a Garbage Disposal
share the topic and learn some basic
Garbage Disposal Removal
If you are going to remove and replace the garbage disposal with the same type of unit the removal process will not involve removing the mounting assembly.
To remove the garbage disposal proceed as follows:
- Turn off power to the disposal at the electrical service panel.
- If you have a dishwasher attached to the disposal, use a screwdriver to loosen the hose clamp attaching the dishwasher hose to the barbed dishwasher nipple and remove the hose.
- Next, remove the "P" trap waste line. Place a bucket under the "P" trap to catch the waste water and using an adjustable wrench or large mouth tongue and groove pliers, loosen and unscrew the slip-nut that connects the waste pipe from the disposal's discharge tube.
- If the slip nuts are frozen in place or you cannot separate the pipe, then cut it with a hacksaw in the straight section of the waste pipe.
- Next, remove the disposal from the disposal mounting assembly ring ring by placing a screwdriver in one of the disposal's mounting ring lugs that attach to the lower mounting ring. Turn to the left (counter-clockwise) until the mounting ring is separated from the disposal and remove the unit from the mounting flange.
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:02 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.