Appliance Repair Forum

Appliance Repair Forum (
-   Garbage Disposer Repair (
-   -   Flange vs. Gasket: Help??? (

JAmador 07-08-2010 09:01 AM

Flange vs. Gasket: Help???
I'm still not 100% sure which part of my problem is labelled what, so perhaps someone here could help?

The rubber "splash guard" that sits between the hole in the sink and the grinder of my garbage disposal unit is ripped up and horrifying, not to mention completely ineffective.

On Section replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL KCDS250X3 |, where the parts for my disposal unit are listed, we've got what looks ALOT like what I'm looking for; it's #14 and is listed as a Gasket. First, is this the "splash guard" I need? Second, what else should I replace re: this old splash guard? Would I need to replace the parts around it, i.e. the screw, ring-snap, flange-mounting, etc.?

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me; e-mailing directly at would be grand, but if it's against policy I'll still be checking here every few hours.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17