Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dccmgb  
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 12, 2008 7:46:39 AM(UTC)
dccmgb

Groups: Registered

This Kenmore dryer (100.60092991) has an electronic pad and when plugging in the power cord the power automatically comes on and places 36 minutes of dry time under the Permanent Press cycle and no other options are selectable as it always reverts back to the 36 minutes and Permanent Press cycle. Also, the check lint screen light is on during this time. When pushing start, the dryer will operate under the mode as auto dry and will have some intermittent beebs throught the cycle but will eventually dry the clothes. However, the power remains on to the dryer as when touching the stop button, it reverts back to the 36 minutes. I am currently unplugging the cord to terminate the power to the dryer.

I replaced the main board about 2 years ago and the dryer worked fine until about 3 weeks weeks ago. When it first started, I removed the bottom part of the lint trap and found some sunflower seeds that I removed and the dryer worked fine for another 2 weeks and then started in its current state described above.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ladiestch  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2009 2:49:31 AM(UTC)
ladiestch

Originally Posted by: dccmgb Go to Quoted Post
This Kenmore dryer (100.60092991) has an electronic pad and when plugging in the power cord the power automatically comes on and places 36 minutes of dry time under the Permanent Press cycle and no other options are selectable as it always reverts back to the 36 minutes and Permanent Press cycle. Also, the check lint screen light is on during this time. When pushing start, the dryer will operate under the mode as auto dry and will have some intermittent beebs throught the cycle but will eventually dry the clothes. However, the power remains on to the dryer as when touching the stop button, it reverts back to the 36 minutes. I am currently unplugging the cord to terminate the power to the dryer.

I replaced the main board about 2 years ago and the dryer worked fine until about 3 weeks weeks ago. When it first started, I removed the bottom part of the lint trap and found some sunflower seeds that I removed and the dryer worked fine for another 2 weeks and then started in its current state described above.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

It sounds like the touch panel assembly is the cause of your problem. A problem in a diode in the assembly or a chip that is intermittent may be the cause. The model number you provided was incorrect, so I couldn't tell which one you had. Kenmore model numbers start with a 110. Please verify info and I may be able to help more.
dccmgb  
#3 Posted : Monday, May 4, 2009 9:06:27 AM(UTC)
dccmgb

This problem still exists. Sometime the dryer will go a couple of months and not problem at all and then revert back to the problem of the power automatically coming on. The correct model number is 110.60092991.
ladiestch  
#4 Posted : Monday, May 4, 2009 2:41:06 PM(UTC)
ladiestch

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you on this, but I still believe your problem lies withtin the touchpanel computer board. :)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply