Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
larry510  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 3, 2010 2:40:38 PM(UTC)
larry510

Groups: Registered

12 year old Maytag commercial gas dryer with no heat. The element does not heat up (won't glow red). The element itself has been replaced. I also replaced the flame sensor next to it as well as the fuse. Still won't heat up. The gas coils are also brand new. Any other suggestions? The people at the appliance parts store are stumped as well. They also tested the high limit thermostat (which I brought in with me) and they said it appears fine. They also told me that the cycling thermostat rarely ever goes bad so I didn't bother to check that yet.

One other thing to mention is that the digital display panel at the top of the machine is dimming out on the left side so the numbers displayed on the screen are now difficult to see, but it does appear to still be functioning. Not sure if this is just a coincidence or if it has something to do with the power not getting to the heating element. I have no way to test any parts out for continuity but I don't mind taking a chance and buying a part if it is inexpensive.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.