Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
honeydothis  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 13, 2008 7:01:02 PM(UTC)
honeydothis

Groups: Registered

Thanks for the reply, but the door switch is ok. open the door and nothing happens (no clicking) solenoid works when you close the door and advance timer to a time setting. Press the start button and you will hear itclick as if it will come on motor doesn't start. It's late here so tomorrow the tub comes out and I check the power to the motor.:confused:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

SublimeMasterJW  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 14, 2008 10:47:27 AM(UTC)
SublimeMasterJW

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
The fuse mounts on the blower housing to the left of the machine. It looks like this: JJW8630BAB 16010312.pdf (1,871kb) downloaded 23 time(s).Just replacing it will make it run again but failure to remove lint from dryer will result in fuse blowing again and again. This includes the filter housing. Sometimes the filter housing itself can be so clogged it has to be removed and washed out.
SublimeMasterJW attached the following image(s):
fuse 2.jpg
honeydothis  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 14, 2008 12:32:40 PM(UTC)
honeydothis

:) After I took the front off and the tub out, I saw that it needed a good vaccuum so I cleaned it well of dust and lint that had made it's way to the motor. I made a jumper wire for the door switch and tried the start button with no progress. I took a can of electric motor cleaner and sprayed the armature and bearing area's and now it works like a charm. Final test will be the load of towels my daughter left us to do!
Thanks Folks. It's nice to go on line to save a few tight $$$ right...
Honeydothis~~~now
honeydothis  
#4 Posted : Thursday, May 15, 2008 12:56:59 PM(UTC)
honeydothis

:confused: UTT-OH in the dog house again!!! The dryer ran two loads and didn't completely dry 2nd load (But it was a heavy wet load of towells). Any way I took the front off this time and bypass the door switch with a jumper, set time for 45" adn hit the start button,,,only a click again. It's calling for the motor to run but motor isn't. I tapped on the black box on the front of the motor and heard a light click like a reset going off. Well the dryer is a drying with my work clothes. Is it that black box and is it available.
Honey do this ~~~~over
misterfixall  
#5 Posted : Thursday, May 15, 2008 6:07:03 PM(UTC)
misterfixall

not to my knowledge, i would replace motor ,less headache
honeydothis  
#6 Posted : Thursday, May 15, 2008 6:38:46 PM(UTC)
honeydothis

How much time to change out the motor? I can fix almost anything as I install complete water systems. sure this is different but with steel knee's It's hard to get down. It still worked after a time out of 6 hours to finish drying work cloths. Another thumbs up for now!
Honeydothis
misterfixall  
#7 Posted : Friday, May 16, 2008 10:11:16 AM(UTC)
misterfixall

under an hour
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply