Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
venicebeachvillas  
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 13, 2010 1:40:47 PM(UTC)
venicebeachvillas

Groups: Registered

Power up display is dead, will not power up or respond to buttons. Previously a few months ago I had the same problem and pushing the "back" and "my cycles" buttons at the same time (reset) fixed the problem. Not this time. Dryer has power and the drum light comes on. I have taken the electronic control model apart and adjusted all wiring connectors, tapped relays and also adjusted display board connectors. I understand from other posts the thermal fuse causes power up problems, but none seem to be the electronic display dryers. Will the thermal fuse cause the display/button board from powering up? Any way to test the control module or display board?

Any suggestions on where to start and what to do would be appreciated.

Model # DPGT750GC1WW
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Fixitdaddy  
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 27, 2010 7:35:20 PM(UTC)
Fixitdaddy

I am having the same problem.:mad:

Can a Pro please answer our question.:confused:
Fixitdaddy  
#3 Posted : Sunday, February 28, 2010 9:34:26 PM(UTC)
Fixitdaddy

Doesn't anyone of the pro's look at these posts???:(

This is very discouraging.:mad: :mad: :mad:
venicebeachvillas  
#4 Posted : Monday, November 8, 2010 4:31:50 AM(UTC)
venicebeachvillas

The problem previously describe fixed itself by a fluke. Now the problem has reoccurred. Can someone reply on where to look, possible causes and how to verify the main control module and display board.

Please help ASAP.

Thanks
Fixitdaddy  
#5 Posted : Saturday, November 13, 2010 9:43:20 AM(UTC)
Fixitdaddy

I found the problem!

The Pwr/pcb asm-main module has to be replaced.

I ordered one and it fixed the problem.

Cost is around $153 Part number AP3794590.
venicebeachvillas  
#6 Posted : Saturday, November 13, 2010 11:25:40 AM(UTC)
venicebeachvillas

Thanks for the reply. I found a found a service manual which indicated output power pins that supply the display. It was partially dead and intermintent. I too replaced the Main board. It is working now. I sure wish you could get timely replies on the tough problems on this forum.
mrtnphd  
#7 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 2:35:57 PM(UTC)
mrtnphd

I had the exact same problem, but got it fixed without spending any money.

-Press BACK & MY CYCLE buttons at the same time for 15 seconds. This will wake up the display but with a statement that there is something wrong, and give you a GE phone number.
-Press Power, then Help, then both My Cycles & Back at the same time for 3 seconds, then EXIT from the LCD screen.
-My display said there is something wrong with the door switch. I checked the door switch and it was turning the light off and on, so I figured it was ok. I had two options on the LCD screen: EXIT or MORE. I kept pressing MORE until I arrived at a NEW DRYER SETUP button. I pressed it and went through the new dryer setup process and guess what? Problem resolved.

Most of this was just fumbling around and getting lucky. I hope someone else is helped by my experience.
Applehead891  
#8 Posted : Monday, December 9, 2013 5:29:41 PM(UTC)
Applehead891

What If It Still Donnot Work When You Do All Of That
CoachBen  
#9 Posted : Saturday, January 25, 2014 8:12:06 AM(UTC)
CoachBen

I found this on eHow while trouble shooting mine.
1st they suggest unplugging and leaving it unplugged for 2 minutes to see if the computer will reset.

2nd "Wait for the room to warm up -- the dryer won't work in below-freezing temperatures. Some garages or utility rooms may drop below freezing in the winter during the night or while you are away from the house. The dryer will return to normal once the room has warmed up. http://www.ehow.com/how_...l#ixzz2rQmQBPSNOur"

( I am hoping this is the case at our house and hopefully this will help you )
Mech Engineer  
#10 Posted : Sunday, January 7, 2018 6:21:57 AM(UTC)
Mech Engineer

I recently purchased one of these dryers and recently had this same issue. Used several resources on here which were excellent. I checked the voltage at the various pins, had 8 Volts showing the unit was in Standby mode but no matter what I did, could not get a button to register. This issue started when a cold front moved in and unit in garage.

After seeing multiple posts about these units being cold sensitive, I removed the 4 screws on the backsplash, and the 2 screws on the cover of the inverter board. I leaned the backsplash forward about 20 degrees and placed a hair dryer on one end with a blanket draped over it creating an air tunnel over the board (didnt want to get the board too hot.) Ran the hair dryer for 1 minute increments 2 times and PRESTO, touchscreen works perfectly. I'm sure the inverter board has an issue but a new one costs more than i paid for this used dryer so its either get it working or haul it off. For a month now, working fine. Hope this helps someone.

JJ
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply