Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Marci Mainieri  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 12, 2010 2:09:06 PM(UTC)
Marci Mainieri

Groups: Registered

I have a GE Harmony Profile Electric dryer. I had to replace the blower motor and thanks to your help my dryer is now heating. The problem now is when you put a full load of cloths in to dry ,the tub will not turn. It seems to turn fine if you only put a small amount of cloths in to dry. We have looked at the belt diagram and it seems to be ok. The grove side of the belt is toward the drum.. any other suggestions or things to check??It used to be so great to dry a full load at a time...did we streatch the belt???HELP PLEASE!!!!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

kim16411  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 12, 2010 4:06:56 PM(UTC)
kim16411

This just happened to me..in fact there is a post..I thought it was the belt but it was a loose drum wheel..Take top off (electrical) then remove top. Open door & remove the 4 screws then remove the front..Take the dryer lint trap off and you will see the place where you tighten/loosen the wheel. I just had to remove the lower drum screws (mine was sticking on the left), reset the roller, tighten the roller nut and put it all back together and it worked great! I am not a tech person but this worked for me..Exact same thing was wrong with mine though..
Marci Mainieri  
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 13, 2010 8:45:23 AM(UTC)
Marci Mainieri

Thank you for the tips, I will try you suggestion and get back to you!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply