Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Silver97  
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 7, 2010 12:00:01 PM(UTC)
Silver97

Groups: Registered

Alright I've never worked on a dryer but I am mechanically inclined. I bought this unit used and don't want to have to pay a repair man to come fix it. The dryer works fine but it randomly shuts off and turns back on. Now this might seem like a thermostat but if you walk up to the dryer and give the timer knob a wiggle it will start right back up and another shake it will shut off. I was wondering if anyone had an Idea of what the problem might be. It seems like a short in the timer but the timers are expensive and I would like to be reasonably certain that is the problem before I buy an $80 part. Thank you for your responses in advance.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 8, 2010 1:36:50 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
I cannot find info for a E0Q, following is for a EQ0, I am assuming you just made a typo.

Here are your parts
Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL LER8858EQ0 | AppliancePartsPros.com

Here is a wiring diagram
http://www.servicematters.com/docs/wiring/Wiring%20Sheet%20-%203401725.pdf

[COLOR="Blue"]Now this might seem like a thermostat but if you walk up to the dryer[/COLOR]
No there is not a thermostat in the motor circuit, just a thermal fuse

[COLOR="Blue"]and give the timer knob a wiggle it will start right back up and another shake it will shut off. I was wondering if anyone had an Idea of what the problem might be. It seems like a short in the timer but the timers are expensive and I would like to be reasonably certain that is the problem before I buy an $80 part.[/COLOR]
Does sound like the timer to me but I would unplug the unit and check for a loose connection at the timer.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply