Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
explorer5  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 28, 2008 3:21:08 PM(UTC)
explorer5

Groups: Registered

No heat to dryer...it is an electric dryer. Power is good. How can I troubleshoot heating element or thermal fuse??
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

mvan105  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 22, 2010 4:02:04 PM(UTC)
mvan105

I am having the same issue. No heat at all. I've used the manual and followed the instructions to use white vinegar to clean the sensors inside the dryer. Power works but it blows cold air. I've tested it on timed cycle and made sure I'm using the heated dry and not air fluff.

There is a small red button on the high limit thermostat that's connected to the heater, when I opened the back of the unit I was able to push it and it seemed to click slightly. I thought this may have solved the issue but after testing again still no heat. The red button doesn't pop up again.

My next step is to try and replace the very inexpensive fuses in the fuse box and see if that has any change although I doubt it considering the entire front panel is working fine.

I'm guessing the heater AP2805474 needs to be replaced but I'm not 100% sure. Any advice?
TracyDoug  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 23, 2010 10:27:12 AM(UTC)
TracyDoug

Funny, that is the same case w/ my Bosch dryer currently. I have tried all you have as well, just not pulled the back off of it. Mine is currently about two months out of warranty and I have only had it 1 yr & 1/2 months.
cneedadvice  
#4 Posted : Saturday, December 11, 2010 2:37:25 AM(UTC)
cneedadvice

I am having almost the same issue with my Bosch Axxis WTA 3510 UC/13 dryer. Have you reached any solution? what have you done so far? please post if you have any advice
mvan105  
#5 Posted : Monday, December 13, 2010 11:30:41 AM(UTC)
mvan105

quick update. The heat is working again. How? I'm not exactly sure. Maybe pushing the red button on the back fixed it. I would recommend giving it a try.
cneedadvice  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, December 14, 2010 2:48:44 AM(UTC)
cneedadvice

Resetting the button in my dryer did not work. Any other ideas of what it might be? How do I check what part is faulty?
Toolmanab  
#7 Posted : Saturday, January 29, 2011 8:11:42 AM(UTC)
Toolmanab

We have had this issue for the past couple years and the solution has been to clean the heating element in the back of the dryer. The element clogs up with lint and some of the lint shows evidence of burning. There are two sensors here and and they shut down the element. Safe guard system. After carefully cleaning out the lint and reinstalling the the heating element the dryer works like it was new.
My issue with this, is that Bosch's lint collection system design is extremely poor. Lint should not be bypassing the filter and getting into places it should not be! If you take on the challenge of opening up the dryer you will be shocked by how much lint has accumulated through out the rest of the dryer. We now clean the dryer out completely every 6 month's. Which means opening all the panels. Top/ back & sides. The heating element on the back of the dryer is easy to take off. A couple torx screws (6 to 8). You need to take the cover off the box that protects the heating element, these are tabs that fold over. When you unfold the tabs the heating element will fall out so be very careful. (This should go with out saying, but I will say it anyways, unplug the dryer before attempting the cleaning) To clean the elements we use a tooth brush. Take care to not damage the elements and they "should not touch each other". We are a family of 4 and laundry is done once a week and the lint screen is cleaned after each load. We took pictures to send to Bosch and have not completed our e-mail. I personally believe this is a design issue that Bosch has missed. Unfortunately the fix is major and therefore nothing will be done. My faith in Bosch and the quality, we as consumers have come to expect was missed in the development of this dryer. My biggest concern is a fire from the lint blockage on the heating element, safe guards or not, the risk is there.
petereit  
#8 Posted : Saturday, July 2, 2011 11:55:11 AM(UTC)
petereit

Discovered that the little flapper door where the dryer vent goes outside was stuck closed. That obviously tripped the thermal breaker.

Thoroughly cleaned the vent flap outside to free the flapper door, cleaned the vent tube, and gave the lint filter screen a good soaking in a soapy bath and scrubbed it clean.

UNPLUGGED THE DRYER. Took the access panel off the back of the dryer and gave it a good vacuuming, removed the heating element unit, carefully pried the little tabs up and pulled it apart. Gave the heating coils a good (but gently) vacuuming with the brush attachment. Reassembled/reattached the heating element and pressed the red reset button.

Replaced the access panel, plugged it back in and VOILA!! Heat!
mmahoney  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, January 3, 2012 1:18:46 PM(UTC)
mmahoney

Thank you all very much!

Originally Posted by: Toolmanab Go to Quoted Post
We have had this issue for the past couple years and the solution has been to clean the heating element in the back of the dryer. The element clogs up with lint and some of the lint shows evidence of burning. There are two sensors here and and they shut down the element. Safe guard system. After carefully cleaning out the lint and reinstalling the the heating element the dryer works like it was new.
My issue with this, is that Bosch's lint collection system design is extremely poor. Lint should not be bypassing the filter and getting into places it should not be! If you take on the challenge of opening up the dryer you will be shocked by how much lint has accumulated through out the rest of the dryer. We now clean the dryer out completely every 6 month's. Which means opening all the panels. Top/ back & sides. The heating element on the back of the dryer is easy to take off. A couple torx screws (6 to 8). You need to take the cover off the box that protects the heating element, these are tabs that fold over. When you unfold the tabs the heating element will fall out so be very careful. (This should go with out saying, but I will say it anyways, unplug the dryer before attempting the cleaning) To clean the elements we use a tooth brush. Take care to not damage the elements and they "should not touch each other". We are a family of 4 and laundry is done once a week and the lint screen is cleaned after each load. We took pictures to send to Bosch and have not completed our e-mail. I personally believe this is a design issue that Bosch has missed. Unfortunately the fix is major and therefore nothing will be done. My faith in Bosch and the quality, we as consumers have come to expect was missed in the development of this dryer. My biggest concern is a fire from the lint blockage on the heating element, safe guards or not, the risk is there.
Cerveloist  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, February 8, 2012 5:40:44 PM(UTC)
Cerveloist

Hi I have an Bosch axxis WTA3510uc that came with the house I bought. I've had or should I say still having issues with the heating for my dryer.

Today I noticed no heat and I took the back panel off to access the heating element. There are 2 odd looking sensors on the heating element itself. One looks black the other is a silver quarter looking thing. The black probe is a thermostat and I'm not sure what the whole function of it is for but if it is unplugged the dryer will not run and makes a beep, and in order to make the dryer run again you will have to plug the thermostat in and then reset the dryer by unplugging then plugging it back in. The other looking thing that looks like a quarter is a high limit thermostat which is connected to the ground or neutral wiring, I assume that if the heater element gets too hot then this trips and safely disconnects the heater element from heating too high and catching on fire.

My problem today was that I had no heat. I pressed the red button on the high limit thermostat and the heat came back on.

I also did some more testing because i've notice the dryer really sucks at drying even when the heat is on. To my investigation i've concluded that there are two sets of heating cores withing the heating element. One set is for the low wattage heat which is about 800 watts. The next set of coils within the heating element are 1900 watts! These 1900 watt coils are not getting any kind of voltage what so ever. I've tested these coils with direct voltage and they do in fact work, they are just not getting any voltage from the circuit board while the dryer is on.

Another problem i've noticed is that the only heat i can get out of the dryer is when I do "timed dry", if I do a permanent press or cotton settings there is no heat whatsoever. There is absolutely no wattage coming from the wiring that connects to the heating element either.

I think this maybe a circuit board issue since there is no voltage to power up the high wattage coils and is not getting any heat from permanent press or cotton settings.
any input or knowledge would be useful for me. I bought a new heating element today but i think I bought the wrong part. I think I'm going to try the circuit board instead.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply