Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gbluegrassky  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 4, 2010 10:27:14 AM(UTC)
gbluegrassky

Groups: Registered

My little sister put a very heavy load of still dripping clothes into the dryer and now the dryer has stopped turning. Is there anything that I can check to see if it needs replaced or is the dryer prob shot?
I also started trying to take it apart from the back but that even seems more complicated than I had expected, so any tips on dismantling would be greatly appreciated as well.
Everything seems to be working properly just besides the fact of the dryer not turning the drum. Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 5, 2010 5:12:52 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

If everything is working including the motor the only problem is that the belt probably broke, this part here.

Part number: AP2805438
Part number: AP2805438

As far as getting in is concerned, I have only worked on one of these and remember very little but you almost certainly go in from the front. Take off the front service panel if you can, and see if the top has clips that hold it on (if so, it will flip back) Take off the front and you should be able to see how to get the belt on. You may have to take out the drum to see how things go.

Good luck.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply