Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kjmelvin3  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, May 6, 2008 11:41:06 AM(UTC)
kjmelvin3

Groups: Registered

How would I check the timer?
SublimeMasterJW  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, May 6, 2008 12:40:13 PM(UTC)
SublimeMasterJW

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Get the maintenence super to check it out. I know people that bought new dryers and had the same problem.
SublimeMasterJW  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, May 6, 2008 12:43:24 PM(UTC)
SublimeMasterJW

The timer can be checked easy. Just remove the fat red wire from terminal RH connect a meter lead to that terminal.Put the other lead on any other timer terminal, move the timer knob around. As it makes and breaks when you hear clicks if you don't get any reading then the contact is burned. But burned contacts are NOT intermittant.Thats why I say the breaker needs attention. They get hot on the heat side of the breaker and open. The motor runs on 120 volts so it is not affected.
kjmelvin3  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, May 6, 2008 3:15:52 PM(UTC)
kjmelvin3

Is there a way that I can check the breaker myself? My apartment complex is very slow about getting things done. I did however test the timer like you said, it gave me a read when it was clicked into what would be an off position but i didnt get one when it was on the minute section. Let me know if there is anything else I can do.
misterfixall  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, May 6, 2008 3:43:20 PM(UTC)
misterfixall

dear sublime master .in my 35 years of servicing appliances .i have seenn numerous dryer timers misbehave in the manor i suggested especially g.e. dryer timers . i have turned on dryer to minute cycle ,opened door ,held the door switch in started timer +slowly turn, observing heater ,ever so slightly jiggle timer knob to see heater come on +then go off.that said ,customer never said breaker tripped+then reset . remember according to customer sometimes the dryer works perfectly ,explain your breaker theory now
kjmelvin3  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, May 6, 2008 4:21:42 PM(UTC)
kjmelvin3

I just need help trying to find out what is wrong with my dryer, you could argue your ideas another time. I need to know what to do next to find a solution to my problem. Im sorry if that came off rude.
SublimeMasterJW  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, May 6, 2008 4:46:54 PM(UTC)
SublimeMasterJW

I have found numerous dryers with every part on them working wonderfully.
The timer has even been replaced on a lot of these. I have seen these dsame customers buy new dryers only to have the problem be electrical. It very well could be the timer. But most of the time intermittant probs are not related to the timer. And since the timer is not refundable youare screwed if you plop down good money on one and that ain't the problem.
Take the dryer to another location and try it if you have checked out every other posibility. That is all I am saying. Your dryer drys perfectly AT TIMES and then other times it takes a dump. That is an electrical problem.
misterfixall  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, May 6, 2008 6:05:07 PM(UTC)
misterfixall

replace breaker +find out....... . remember we are sitting behind a monitor not standing in front of the machine, plus we can only rely on what the member says, and that is not always accurate,so we have to dig deeper, till if we are lucky ,and most times we do alright. love +kisses to y"all , " deep sigh of relief "
robertito  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, May 6, 2008 7:50:43 PM(UTC)
robertito

I just fixed my kenmore gas dryer model 110.87984110 with a three dollar part.
Cheap Home Repairs
This site helped me diagnose and fix my dryer which saved me from buying a new one! :D
kjmelvin3  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, May 7, 2008 6:13:01 AM(UTC)
kjmelvin3

I dont have a lot of money to waste here. I need to know what I can try and test to see what could be causing the problem. Please let me know what I can try. misterfixall, is there a way for me to check the timer other than the way sublime told me to do so? Please any help is great. I need to get this fixed. Thanks alot.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply