Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
vino60  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 30, 2010 4:16:53 PM(UTC)
vino60

Groups: Registered

Hello,
I have a Samsung gas dryer Model # DV328AGW/AAW

The dryer has been in service for about 18 months.

My dryer is experiencing the same symtoms as many folks have already written in.

It will light for 10 to 30 seconds then go out. After a certain period of time it will light again and repeat. It will not stay lit and run. It seems to be able to do this as many time as I let it.

I checked all the parts listed below with a analog and a digital meter and really didn't believe any checked faulty. But in a attempt to trouble shoot the problem I ordered the parts listed below.

I have studied this website forum and others for 3 weeks. I have purchased and replaced the following parts from APLIANCE PARTS PROS.

IGNITOR
FLAME SENSOR
COILS
THERMISTOR
THRMOSTATS (2)

I have replaced these parts one by one, Cleaned the inside of the dryer compartment, with very little dust or lint found.

The machine is still giving the same symtoms as above.

All the new parts have been left in.

I have to believe that it is either the Gas Valve or the Electronic Circuit Board that controls the whole process. I certainly don't want to invest any more money on parts as the next step will get expensive.

Any input you folks have would be greatly appreciated, I am at wits end.

thankyou in advance from me and a big thank you from my wife if we can get this running. She's tired of going to the laundry mat.

thanks,
JIM
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

kayakcrzy  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 31, 2010 5:41:25 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Groups: Senior Expert

Originally Posted by: vino60 Go to Quoted Post
Hello,
I have a Samsung gas dryer Model # DV328AGW/AAW

The dryer has been in service for about 18 months.

My dryer is experiencing the same symtoms as many folks have already written in.

It will light for 10 to 30 seconds then go out. After a certain period of time it will light again and repeat. It will not stay lit and run. It seems to be able to do this as many time as I let it.

I checked all the parts listed below with a analog and a digital meter and really didn't believe any checked faulty. But in a attempt to trouble shoot the problem I ordered the parts listed below.

I have studied this website forum and others for 3 weeks. I have purchased and replaced the following parts from APLIANCE PARTS PROS.

IGNITOR
FLAME SENSOR
COILS
THERMISTOR
THRMOSTATS (2)

I have replaced these parts one by one, Cleaned the inside of the dryer compartment, with very little dust or lint found.

The machine is still giving the same symtoms as above.

All the new parts have been left in.

I have to believe that it is either the Gas Valve or the Electronic Circuit Board that controls the whole process. I certainly don't want to invest any more money on parts as the next step will get expensive.

Any input you folks have would be greatly appreciated, I am at wits end.

thankyou in advance from me and a big thank you from my wife if we can get this running. She's tired of going to the laundry mat.

thanks,
JIM

If you were to take the vent hose off at the wall, and lay the vent hose down, so the air can come out without anything in front of it. Will it do the same thing? Try IT!! If it does do the same thing, it will most likely be the gas valve itself. 95% of the times, the coils will do the trick. But, every once in awhile the valve has to be replaced. Tom ApplianceEducator.com
vino60  
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 31, 2010 10:21:57 AM(UTC)
vino60

Yes I have had the dryer un plugged, unhooked unvented and everything in between. As I said, I have replaced all componets of creating and maintaining a flame except the gas valve itself ( a costly repair if it doesn't correct the problem. Is there anything i can do with the valve as a checkup or cleanup to rule out the valve itself?........thanks , JIM
kayakcrzy  
#4 Posted : Monday, February 1, 2010 3:18:30 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Originally Posted by: vino60 Go to Quoted Post
Yes I have had the dryer un plugged, unhooked unvented and everything in between. As I said, I have replaced all componets of creating and maintaining a flame except the gas valve itself ( a costly repair if it doesn't correct the problem. Is there anything i can do with the valve as a checkup or cleanup to rule out the valve itself?........thanks , JIM

Jim, I guess, 1 of the 2 thermostats was the high limit thermostat. If so, there is not much you can do. You have replaced everything. The valve has to be it. I cannot think of nothing else. Tom ApplianceEducator.com - Parts
vino60  
#5 Posted : Monday, February 1, 2010 6:35:20 AM(UTC)
vino60

Hey Tom,

Thanks again for the reply. I am thinking on swapping out the valve with one on a working dryer and see it that corrects the problem. thanks again,
JIM
kayakcrzy  
#6 Posted : Monday, February 1, 2010 11:24:02 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Good Luck!!! Tom. ApplianceEducator.com
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply