Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
davdmad  
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 17, 2008 7:47:54 PM(UTC)
davdmad

Groups: Registered

This morning the dryer just stopped working out of nowhere. still has heat, just wolnt spin. So I opened it up, checked for power and the more obvious problems, nothing found. So I was doing some research on what the problem could be and I found that there was a fuse mounted on the outlet duct. I completly removed and checked it for continuity. my meter says it open, so I am sure it is bad. However, Just to show my wife, i jumped the two connectors to complete the circuit and I still have nothing. Any help? Is there perhaps a certain resistance that is required for the motor to turn? also, the belt is intact.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

kayakcrzy  
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 19, 2008 6:12:21 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Groups: Senior Expert

How about jumping out the door switch. It could be the problem, or check and see if there is power going to the motor. Tom ApplianceEducator.com
gearhead1218  
#3 Posted : Saturday, April 19, 2008 7:43:53 AM(UTC)
gearhead1218

The thermal fuse that you checked will either stop only heat or the whole unit from starting. It will not allow only the heat to come on.
The door switch will not be your problem either as that will also not allow the unit to start at all with the door open.
Sounds to me at this point that you either have a timer or a motor issue.
I'm sure someone else may have another opinion .
davdmad  
#4 Posted : Saturday, April 19, 2008 9:58:59 AM(UTC)
davdmad

does anyone know which wires to check at the timer and the motor, is there a way that I can supply a direct 120v supply to the motor and bypass the rest of the dryer? Also , what is the other sensor mounted about 2in from the fuse? It has 4 wires, and looks like the bottom of a hearing aid battery.
davdmad  
#5 Posted : Saturday, April 19, 2008 4:57:08 PM(UTC)
davdmad

the fuse in the back is blown, and the start button is broken. I jumped the wires on the fuse and the switch and she fired right up. thanks for your input, I am glad its something simple.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply