Discuss

GE Gas dryer stops running when start switch is released

in

Dryer Repair

. "

I've got this GE gas dryer that's about 4 years old. I'll get the model number before my next post

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Dryer Repair » GE Gas dryer stops running when start switch is released

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-05-2010, 02:54 PM

gevscott is on a distinguished road
Default GE Gas dryer stops running when start switch is released
Brand: GE   Age: 1 - 5 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

I've got this GE gas dryer that's about 4 years old. I'll get the model number before my next post but I don't have it handy now. It's a very basic model with no bells and whistles. The dryer had very little use before being put into storage due to a military move. I've decided to sell it now but in trying it out, I found that it only runs as long as you hold in the start switch (knob). It is not connected to a gas source, does that have anything to do with it? If not, where should I look? Thanks.

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.