Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gin4sing  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 4, 2010 10:32:04 AM(UTC)
gin4sing

Groups: Registered

I have a frigidaire Affinity electric dryer. Model AEQ6000ES0. The three lights above the start key on the control panel start blinking everytime you hit the start Key. Sometimes the motor will try to run but only for a milli-second. I put the dryer in diagnostic mode, by using the following:
FUNCTION TEST SEQUENCE
1. Press and hold Selectand Cancel buttons simultaneously for 6 seconds to reset the control. The buzzer will sound
1 time and “rES” will be shown briefly in the display.
2. Immediately after, rotate cycle selector knob 5 turns counter-clockwise to the second position from the bottom.
Press and hold the Options andCancel buttons simultaneously for 2 seconds. The control will enter test mode,
the buzzer will sound 3 times and all LED’s will rapidly flash.
After entering the test mode, the cycle selector knob can now be rotated to select the following tests:
Rotate the cycle selector knob clockwise from the starting position:
0 turns: All LED’s will flash.
1 turn: Drive motor runs; heat source is on. Drying LED is lit. “H” and the control thermistor reading will toggle
back and forth in the display.
2 turns: Drive motor runs; heat source is off. Cool Down LED is lit and “AF” (Air Fluff) is displayed.
3 turns: Drive motor runs; heat source is off. Drying and Cool Down LED’s are lit and numbers appear in the
display showing moisture sensor readings. Opening the door (press in on door switch plunger) and placing
a finger on the both moisture sense bars at the same time will make the numbers decrease. In controls that
do not have a digit display, the More Dry LED should be ON. Opening the door (press in on door switch
plunger) and placing a finger on the both moisture sense bars at the same time will make the Damp LED
come on.
4 turns: Drive motor runs; heat source is off.
Key test:
a. When the Temperature key is pressed, all the temperature LED’s should light.
b. When the Dryness key is pressed, all the dryness level LED’s should light.
c. When the Options or Select key is pressed, all the Option LED’s should light.
d. When the Start/Pause key is pressed, all the cycle status LED’s should light.
e. When the Cancel key is pressed, all the cycle status LED’s should light.
5 turns: Drive motor runs; heat source is off. Cool Down LED is lit. Control thermistor reading is displayed.
6 turns: Drive motor runs; heat source is on. Drying LED is lit. Control thermistor reading is displayed.
7-11 turns: All LED’s will flash
ToEXITtest mode, press and hold the Select and Cancel buttons simultaneously for 6 seconds or disconnect power
from dryer. Dryer will be reset for regular operation.

The results of the function test sequence shows that the LEDs work, motor runs, dryness key works. however, here are the readings from the panel:

Fld r04 ie firmware
E01
C01 00 106
E25 122
057 471
E68 058
E56 001

After running the function test, I ran a reset and tried to run a dryer load. When I Hit the Start Key I only got the three blinking lights above the start key.

Based on web research, the dryer appears to need a new Control Board, printed circuit - Frigidaire Part 134557201 or 36 # 134120900 Thermal Limiter .

Any ideas on how to proceed?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 4, 2010 1:10:43 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Try to recall the error codes by doing that:

1. Press and hold the Select and Cancel buttons simultaneously for 6 seconds to reset control. The buzzer will sound 1 time and “rES” will be shown briefly in the display.
2. Immediately after, rotate cycle selector knob 2 turns counter-clockwise to the third position from the top, and then press and hold the Select and Cancel
buttons simultaneously for 6 seconds. The control will enter Field Test Mode, the buzzer will sound 3 times, and the digital display will alternate between “Fld” and the firmware revision number (ex. “r03”).
3. Rotate the cycle selector knob 2 turns counterclockwise. The error code will appear in the digit display.

Post the result.

To exit this mode, simultaneously press and hold the Select and Cancel buttons for 6 seconds.

Gene.
gin4sing  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 4, 2010 1:44:36 PM(UTC)
gin4sing

Ran Function Test Sequence, got error E25 - 126. Tested parts 33# Thermostat, safety and part 36# Thermal Limiter(thermistor ?) and got zero resistance for both items. What is the thermistor?
Gene  
#4 Posted : Monday, January 4, 2010 5:12:08 PM(UTC)
Gene

Thermistor is a type of resistor whose resistance varies with temperature.

"E 25" error code means "Open control thermistor". It's shown as #15 on the diagram. Normal resistance reading when you check this part should be 50K Ohms ± 5% at 77°F. If the reading is wrong, replace the thermistor.

- The thermistor Part number: AP3866842
gin4sing  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2010 3:12:01 PM(UTC)
gin4sing

Opened the front panel and found rats had eaten off one of the leads to the thermistor. So, I replaced the missing wiring and tested the thermistor. The thermistor read 85 ohms with ambient temperature of 50 degrees F. Reassymbled the unit and ran your error test and got E25, 126. Which states that if the thermistor is ok, then replace the control panel. My question is whether the 85 ohm reading at 50 degrees is acceptable or does the thermistor need replacement.
Gene  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2010 6:09:36 PM(UTC)
Gene

The thermistor is bad. No doubt about it.

Gene.
davidgelb  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, April 28, 2010 10:00:31 PM(UTC)
davidgelb

Hi All,
I have an Affinity gas dryer with the blinking light issue. I ran self diagnostics and pulled up error code E56 003 in the field test mode. I have been searching for Frigidare error codes with no luck. Can anyone let me know what this code means?

Thank you for the help!!

-David
Gene  
#8 Posted : Thursday, April 29, 2010 2:44:25 PM(UTC)
Gene

David,

What is the complete model number of the dryer?

Gene.
davidgelb  
#9 Posted : Thursday, April 29, 2010 2:59:55 PM(UTC)
davidgelb

Hi Gene,
I believe it is a AGQ8700FE. If that is incomplete or if you need additional info, and I can look it up when I get home tonight.

Thank you,
David
Gene  
#10 Posted : Friday, April 30, 2010 11:01:29 PM(UTC)
Gene

David,

Are you sure the error code was "E58" and not "E5B"?

Here is the Tech sheet.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply