Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SmokinStroker02  
#1 Posted : Friday, December 25, 2009 5:26:57 PM(UTC)
SmokinStroker02

Groups: Registered

My Affinity Dryer (AEQ06000ES2) just buzzes when you push the start button. Its not flashing a code. I also don't let it continue to buzz. I cancel as soon as it dosen't start. Where online can I find some kind of repair manual to get codes or run tests to diagnose it? Is this a common problem and you already know whats wrong? Any help will be good. Thanks,
David
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

SmokinStroker02  
#2 Posted : Friday, December 25, 2009 6:03:41 PM(UTC)
SmokinStroker02

Well, I went against my better judgement and let it just sit there and buzz for about 5 minutes. Just as I was afraid of, it started smelling hot. I removed the small back cover and found the manual taped inside. Checked the codes:E4A-Program Timeout Fault. I went through the Funtion Tests and in every one it just buzzes. The motor and drum will turn easily by hand so nothing is binding. I'm guessing motor.....or control board too now that I smoked something in there?
SmokinStroker02  
#3 Posted : Saturday, December 26, 2009 7:19:59 PM(UTC)
SmokinStroker02

I've removed the motor from the dryer and don't see any obvious signs of anything wrong with it. I don't see anything wrong with anything else in there either! Finding something melted would have been nice, but NO, I have to keep guessing. I guess when Marcones opens on Monday I'll take a $160 shot in the dark and get a new motor. An experienced opinion as to whether I'm on the right path or not would be appreciated!
denman  
#4 Posted : Sunday, December 27, 2009 2:04:03 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
I cannot find any info on the given model number AEQ06000ES2.
Are you sure this is correct or is it AEQ6000ES2
This could be why you never received a reply as no one could find any info on your unit.

Here are the parts for that unit
Motor replacement parts for FRIGIDAIRE AEQ6000ES2 Frigidaire/dryer | AppliancePartsPros.com
Note the motor is around $100.00

Here is the tech sheet
http://manuals.frigidaire.com/p...r/134682200ts_wd_EFS.pdf

Sounds to me that you are correct that the motor is toast.
You have removed it so I assume it was not clogged up with dust.
Sometimes this can prevent the centrifugal switches from operating correctly (stuck actuated) which disconnects the motor's start winding and it therefore cannot start. If you had the buzz, no drum rotation and had heat then the switches are stuck in the activated position.
Often this still costs a motor as they are built into it.

When replacing the motor check all rollers, front supports, belt etc. for wear. You might as well give it a bit of an overhaul. Clean and check the rear support roller and re-grease it using a hi-temp grease.

Also a good time to clean/check your vent system

PS: I am off to the lake for a few days so will be unavailable.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
SmokinStroker02  
#5 Posted : Sunday, December 27, 2009 7:00:30 PM(UTC)
SmokinStroker02

Thanks for the reply. Your right I see that I did add an extra zero in the model number by mistake. It was awful dusty but nothing was clogged. I'm going for the motor. I'll update as to weather that fixed it or not. Enjoy the lake. I'm planning a shrimping trip to Mosquito Lagoon myself this week. Just gotta get this dryer fixed first.
SmokinStroker02  
#6 Posted : Monday, December 28, 2009 2:16:53 PM(UTC)
SmokinStroker02

New motor fixed it!! Now lamp in the Big Screen blew. It never ends:cool:
#7 Posted : Saturday, June 26, 2021 6:32:06 PM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I have this dryer and the same problem just appeared. Drum spun freely so nothing binding. So I pressed start with the door open while holding the door switch depressed. It started buzzing and I turned the drum by hand. It started running. So, to get through this load of laundry, I taped the door switch closed, pushed the start button, spun the drum, and once it was running I shut the door. The load dried as normal.

Now that I have a work-around, I have some time to research this problem. My first thought was a bad motor start capacitor, but upon investigation, there is no start capacitor but a start winding with a centrifugal switch. This is likely the problem. Off to YouTube to see if I can find a repair video.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply