Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
forumuser  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 22, 2009 10:02:21 AM(UTC)
forumuser

Groups: Registered

I have a Maytag Neptune Drying Center with a top cabinet that holds a drying rack and a shaker assembly to hang and shake clothes to reduce wrinkles. As far as I know, this is the only dryer that has the top compartment.

My washing machine overflowed and flooded the laundry room. As a result, the relay board in the dryer, which is mounted on the bottom of the unit, took on water and I heard the arcing. I've replaced the relay board, only to have the unit "stuck" with the LED membrane panel unresponsive and the dryer stuck on top unit shaker mode.

At this point I'm trying to decide if it's worth repairing it or not. I've checked the schematic (I'm an electrical engineer) and there are no fuses between the relay board and the other components of the dryer, so it's possible that anything could have taken a power surge. The least expensive option is to replace the logic board ($100) but if that doesn't correct it, the LED membrane panel is $300.

This unit has been discontinued and many owners are frustrated buying parts for it. I'd miss the upper cabinet drying rack, but wonder if buying a new dryer would be more cost-effective in the long run given that I don't know the full extent of the damage to my existing machine.

I've now been without a dryer for a month and am slowly going insane!

Thanks for any input you have on this situation.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.