Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ShoppingQueen  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, November 11, 2008 1:20:26 PM(UTC)
ShoppingQueen

Groups: Registered

mg13nj,

did you ever figure out what the problem was, and how to fix it? I have the exact same dryer and am currently having the exact same problem.
Didn't think to check the Automatic setting until I read this!

Called Frigidaire who was no help at all. If anyone knows what the solution is, please post.

I'm a busy mom, who uses the dryer everyday. I'm deperate : )

Thanks.
mg13nj  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, November 11, 2008 2:50:24 PM(UTC)
mg13nj

Groups: Registered

ShoppingQueen,

I took the front of the dryer off as described below. I had one bad ignitor coil and a bad ignitor. I also had a malfunctioning timer. I was able to purchase all the parts at a local appliance repair place for less than $75. After I put everything back together. The dryer started working again.

Now, the timed dry still doesn't actually work exactly correct, as when I set it for 40 minutes on timed dry, its more like 70 minutes, but I have been told that the timer will stop counting when the flame is off and that the 40 minutes is just the amount of time the flame is heating the drum, not the actucal time from start to finish. Whatever, as an engineer myself that seems like a stupid design. However, with the proper schematics and a little elbow grease these repairs were very easy to complete. While I had the front of the dryer off, I also was able to clean lint out of the unit, that despite my wife and I diligently cleaning the lint trap on every cycle there was lint all over the place in there. I have made it a practice to remove the front and clean the lint out with my shop vac every 3 months or so, just to be on the safe side.

If you need any part numbers or any more info, just let me know.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply