Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tumble  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 15, 2008 6:35:15 PM(UTC)
tumble

Groups: Registered

My wife dried my levis with my wedding ring in the pocket. needless to say, the ring came out and worked it's way through the felt that seperates the drum from the housing. When I turn the drum I can hear it slide on the other side of the drum. How do I gain access to the drum? I don't want to ruin her new drier so thought someone could tell me what had to be removed to gain the appropriate access. Thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ApplianceJunk  
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 15, 2008 7:20:20 PM(UTC)
ApplianceJunk

Groups: Senior Expert

Hi,

There are some dryer videos on our ApplianceJunk.com site that may help you.
tumble  
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 16, 2008 3:57:45 PM(UTC)
tumble

Groups: Registered

:) Many thanks to Appliance Junk for his help and to Gene, though he assisted indirectly. I removed the drum from my Whirlpool Duet only to discover my wedding ring wasn't there! Great experience in disassembly and reassembly of the Duet. If anything ever go's wrong I'm ready to repair it! Gene assisted by providing me (us) with a link to the service manual for the Duet in a previous link (pg. 11 this date). Without it I would have never been able to disassemble the drier without damaging it. After putting the drier back together I found the ring in the washer (whirlpool). It was just inside the door of our front loader inside a rubber seal. Thanks again for the help and to those that host this site , Well Done!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply