Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
angrykoala  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 19, 2017 8:36:17 PM(UTC)
angrykoala

Groups: Registered

My Whirpool Duet dryer (gas) is only getting warm. About 80 to 90 degrees. All the venting is clear. The gas ignites and runs only for about 7 seconds, shuts off and repeats about every 20 seconds or so. I have tested continuity on the: thermal fuse, thermistor, flame sensor, and high limit thermostat. All are good. The thermal fuse, primary and secondary coils, and the thermistor are new.

After reading another senior members response regarding the same issue, I decided to test and find out which component is causing the gas valve to shut off. After attaching alligator clips to both terminals on the flame sensor I turned the dryer on. Multimeter read 0 volts until the flame shuts off, then 110v. A curious result but maybe thats normal. Next I tested the high limit thermostat. The exact opposite happened. When I turned the dryer on, I had 110v on the multimeter. At the exact time the flame shuts off the voltage goes down to 0.

My question is: can a bad or malfunctioning high limit thermostat still have continuity but start opening at a lower temperature. If this is the case I know my problem.

Also, what I cant seem to find on the internet is, in what order do specific components receive power? For example, power goes from thermostat to coils to high limit to flame sensor ect. I'm sure if I could read a wiring diagram it might answer my question.

Thank you!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.