Discuss

Whirlpool electric dryer heating safety issues

in

Dryer Repair

. "

I have a whirlpool electric dryer that works and everything but the heating element seems to still be on even

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Dryer Repair » Whirlpool electric dryer heating safety issues

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-08-2017, 11:57 AM

Pirate111 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Whirlpool electric dryer heating safety issues
Brand: Whirlpool   Age: 5 - 10 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

I have a whirlpool electric dryer that works and everything but the heating element seems to still be on even after the cycle is over, so it being in the off position or even when I open the dryer door the heating element still turns on and off so it's still getting power to it some how but the thermostats will still turn it off once I reaches it max heat and turn on when it cools off enough but the only way to actually make sure that it does keep coming back on and off and on is to unplug it...
Now I just bought a new heating element and put that in the last one had broken coils and wasn't heating up... their is no issue with the coils I have made sure that they are only touching the ceramic clips and not touching anything else so no short to the housing unit...

so my question is what else can it be?

I don't want to have to buy all these parts just to see that it hasn't fixed it and don't want to have to worry about if I unplugged the dryer and always keeping a timer with me so that way when It goes off I know to go unplug it...

Sorry about the the lengthy post just wanted to be thorough...

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.