Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Moweaqua  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 15, 2017 9:35:48 PM(UTC)
Moweaqua

Groups: Registered

So I moved my 220 outlet to a different wall. Plugged in dyer and pop! I had missed wired the outlet in my exhaustion of trying to get our basement remodeled. It is wired correctly now but my dryer is dead. The pop sounded like it came from the main board at the controls?? All I know is I screwed up and now need help to fix the dryer. Any help would be much appreciated thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

PNWDrew  
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 18, 2017 9:45:02 AM(UTC)
PNWDrew

Groups: Registered

Ouch! If you heard a pop from up front you probably burnt something on your main board. No lights or anything?

Frigidaire 137070840 Control-Electrical - AppliancePartsPros.com

Overview of the whole assembly

These are easy to replace but there are a few things I'll tell you that might save you a huge annoyance in reassembly so I'll walk you through it. If you have a squarehead bit it'll make it easier but a phillips will work too.

1) There 2 screws around top back edge to pull top off. It slides back and comes off.

2) 2 screws at corners of front that go through the plastic - that'll allow that plastic panel to come off. It takes a combo of pulling up and out to pop it off sometimes. I don't think this model has screws going in from the back at the edges but it if gives you a really hard time take a look.

3) Use your nose, you'll smell a burnt silicon component. They put the smoke in at the factory in China or Mexico and once you let it out it can't be put back in:D. These do have a smaller board for the lights on the left but I'd bet it's the main.

4) There are a few more screws that hold the computer in, take them out but don't pull the computer out all willy-nilly. There are buttons and light pipes and things between it and the front panel that will go everywhere and you'll always lose 1 spring or button... it's the Fridigaire trap.

5) Chances are it's that main board so lay it flat on a towel, user side down and carefully pull the board out, straight up. There may be plastic clips that hold it in.

6) If you are lucky all the buttons stay in the panel and only the light pipes, the knob stem, and the display come out with the control. THe knob stem turns and pops out when a little tab lines up right. Transfer anything that came out to the new one and carefully reassemble; leaving the panel face down still. Once you get it screwed back into the panel test all buttons for normal feel.

7) Reassemble and hope your outlet is right now.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply