|Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras|
Duet Dryer Not Drying Clothes
Model Number: GGW9250PT3 Brand: Whirlpool Age: More than 10 years
I have a Duet, model GGW9250PT3, gas dryer
The dryer that takes 2-3 cycles to fully dry a load of clothes. The air in the dryer is warm so I know the flame is coming on.
1. I cleaned the vent hose, the house vent pipe, lint trap and screen, and removed the front cover of the motor blower and cleaned all the lint in there and in the bottom of the unit around the gas valves and base.
2. I ran the dryer with the cover off to watch how the dryer was working. I noticed that the gas igniter came on for about 4 seconds, then the gas lit and the flame only lasted about 5 seconds before it shut off. Then after about another minute or two the igniter came on again and the flame lit and stayed on for about 5 seconds before it shut off again. This cycle continued for about 5 minutes until I stopped the dryer.
3. I did a continuity test on the Thermistor and it showed no continuity. It is my understanding that the thermistor should read approximately 11.9K Ohms of resistance at 70 degrees F. I thought this was causing the problem of the gas flame not staying on so I bought a new Thermister.
4. I purchased a new Whirlpool made Thermistor and installed it. The new Thermistor also does not show continuity, either when I tested it before I installed it and after I installed it and connected the dryer wires to it.
1. Should the Thermistor show continuity regardless of whether it's installed or not? Since the new Thermistor shows no continuity, could it be bad out of the box?
2. What is the normal range of time the gas flame should stay lit during a normal drying cycle? I realize that it should go on and off, just wondering if it should stay on for say 30-60 seconds a time or what.
Any information or direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.
powered by AppliancePartsPros.com
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Dryer hot but not drying clothes||blasman||Dryer Repair||1||06-15-2011 10:53 AM|
|Clothes dryer not drying||wugwamp48||Dryer Repair||5||05-08-2011 07:43 PM|
|dryer not drying clothes||chrisb12002||Dryer Repair||1||02-02-2010 04:55 AM|
|Dryer not drying clothes||DIANA S Huggins||Dryer Repair||1||08-11-2008 02:08 PM|
|Top of Dryer hot but clothes not drying||sween||Dryer Repair||4||10-27-2007 01:29 PM|