Discuss

whirlpool LEW0050PQ3 no heat

in

Dryer Repair

. "

Hi, The dryer spins but there is no heat. I visually opened and closed the breakers..still no heat. I opened

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Dryer Repair » whirlpool LEW0050PQ3 no heat

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-02-2009, 04:31 PM

ryee is on a distinguished road
Default whirlpool LEW0050PQ3 no heat
Brand: Whirlpool   Age: 1 - 5 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

Hi,

The dryer spins but there is no heat. I visually opened and closed the breakers..still no heat.

I opened the back of the panel and found the heat element. I turned on the dryer and the element never heated up. Do I need to change the heat elements and thermostats? This dryer is only three years old and seldomly used (as it is in our country house)....

Thanks,

Rolland

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 11-02-2009, 04:35 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

gabe_1981 is on a distinguished road

First you need to make sure you have 240v at the wall outlet ... If half the braker popped the dryers motor will still run off 120v but the heating element will not heat up.
Old 11-02-2009, 04:41 PM

ryee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabe_1981 View Post
First you need to make sure you have 240v at the wall outlet ... If half the braker popped the dryers motor will still run off 120v but the heating element will not heat up.

Thanks. I am going to check this on the weekend with my tester. More to come.....
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.