Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
fordman81  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 6, 2016 9:00:25 AM(UTC)
fordman81

Groups: Registered

I have a Whirlpool Cabrio propane dryer that starts heats but will not dry clothes have to cycle clothes two or three times to get dry. The check vent light comes on but the vent is clear. I have replaced the thermister, thermal fuse, the two sensors in the lent filter, timer, igniter, and the gas valve coils.

About two months ago it quit lighting so I replaced the igniter wasn't it so I replaced the thermal fuse and it lit once and that was it so the parts guy said it was the timer and had to replace the fuse again. The check vent light has always come on from time to time and not dried a load but now it's on every load. The rest of the parts I have put on trying to get the vent light off. I don't know what to check now any help would be much appreciated. Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

brobriffin  
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 13, 2016 5:52:02 AM(UTC)
brobriffin

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I've read your other post as well. It sounds to me like the dryer vent system is occluded somewhere. The vent system has to be cleaned at least every two years as per the manufacturers recommendation. This includes the entire system from the transition hose to the entire length of the ducting leading to outside you home to the vent cap, be it a sidewall or roof mount. You should also check the inside of the dryer vent system including before and after the vent fan for blockages.
The dryer needs to have at least 120 cubic feet of air movement to expel the moisture ( drying time effected) and prevent overheating (burnt out thermal fuse).
I believe if you have the complete vent system cleaned out this would solve your problem. The time does not cause the fuse to blow out. Overheating does.
fordman81  
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 13, 2016 4:03:30 PM(UTC)
fordman81

The dryer quit lighting and was told to check fuses and the fuse to the thermostat was bad and replaced it and it lit once and popped the fuse replaced the thermostat and it lights now but will not dry the laundry like it did before the thermostat went out.The Thermostat is what caused the fuse to blow. I keep getting told by local repair people that the vent is plugged but the dryer does the same with the vent disconnected and the vent pipe is clear I have checked it and the inside of the dryer is clear to. The belt is good and it blows good out the back. Their is only one censer left that I haven't replaced it's in the back of the dryer in the air blower box at the top. Could this cause the vent light?
brobriffin  
#4 Posted : Sunday, November 13, 2016 4:22:53 PM(UTC)
brobriffin

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
You seem to have an air flow issue I believe. You say the unit blows strong when disconnected from the vent hose? (Don't leave the vent hose disconnected for long as you will be venting carbon monoxide and dioxide into your home)
If it blows strong then I would like to know how strong it's blowing where the vent exits the house.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply