Discuss

Dryer lint inside my dryer

in

Dryer Repair

. "

Hi I'm new here. I'm hoping someone could help me as I'm driving myself crazy. Every time I dry my

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Dryer Repair » Dryer lint inside my dryer

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-23-2016, 10:20 AM

Savingtoday1 is on a distinguished road
Default Dryer lint inside my dryer
Brand: GE   Age: 1 - 5 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

Hi I'm new here. I'm hoping someone could help me as I'm driving myself crazy. Every time I dry my clothes I lint roll my clothing and it looks like dryer lint dust, which makes me itch horrible. I've tried to get my husband to figure out the issue, well that's another story, but anyways why is the lint from the lint trap getting on my clothing. No stopped up hoses anywhere but it's like my lint is getting on my lint trap but it's on the grill inside my dryer where the lint goes to get on the lint trap, I've also seen it on the lint trap when I pull it out its on the opposite side as well and on my dryer door down in the seal on my door. If anyone has any ideas would you please post them. Also it seems to be through my home as well! Stumped on that one as well.
Thank you
Paula

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 09-23-2016, 03:21 PM

brobriffin is on a distinguished road

What you are explaining is what most of us experience. I wish I could develop an actual lint trap that removed all of the lint and allowed none to pass thru to the vent system or the interior of your dryer. "My million dollar idea"
Anyway it sounds as if you need to have your dryer cleaned inside and out as well as to have your vent transition hose and ducting to the exterior of your home cleaned.
The lint getting caught on the grill is common as well as down the seal of the door. Not only lint gets through but you may find loose change inside the cabinet of your dryer.
As for the lint dust throughout your home perhaps your transition hose ( the vent hose from the back of your dryer to the connection on the wall) may have a leak.
Keep in mind most manufacturers of dryers list in the owners manual to have your dryer vent system cleaned every 1 to 2 years, depending on use.
Old 09-23-2016, 04:03 PM

Savingtoday1 is on a distinguished road

Thank you, I will check all of this. I do know the vent going outside has been cleaned!
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.