Brand: Kenmore Age: 1 - 5 years
I just bought a Kenmore stackable washer and dryer from Craigslist. Didn't really need the washer, but it was a good deal, so I got both. When I went to pick it up I had to unhook everything, and that's when I noticed the dryer had a gas connection with a 110 volt power cord. Didn't think to much of it until I got it home and when I plugged it in, I got no heat. Then it dawned on me that the gas connection was providing the heat, while the 110 volt power cord was supplying power to make the drum turn.
My problem is I have a 220 volt outlet in my laundry area. Is there a way for me to remove the 110 volt power cord and put in a 220 volt power cord in. Is this a do it yourself job, or am I getting in over my head. Don't want to electrocute myself, but I also don't want to spend too much money getting this dryer to heat.
Thanks for any suggestions or guidance.