Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Island Anni  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2016 12:35:21 PM(UTC)
Island Anni

Groups: Registered

The automatic dry cycle on our Frigidaire gas dryer is not advancing most of the time. However, the timed dry cycle works fine. Is this a problem in the timer part or in the Frigidaire thermostat? I could not get a straight answer from Frigidaire and I live on a small island without dealers. We have to order parts and get the repairs done by local electricians. Any advice re: which part we need? Both are expensive and that is before shipping/courier costs down to our island! Thx, Island Anni
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

cbmserviceguy  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 16, 2016 4:13:21 AM(UTC)
cbmserviceguy

Groups: Registered

Interestingly enough, I can't find the moisture sensor on the diagram. Typically it is a couple small metal bars about 1/2" apart. Usually on the back side of the lint trap. Often times fabric softener forms a film on them and they can no longer sense moisture. If you use something with a light abrasive to clean the bars, it works fine. I would stick my head in there and look around and see if I could locate the sensor, clean it and see how it does before I ordered any parts for it. Hope this helps!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply