Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
KVacek  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2016 12:05:06 PM(UTC)
KVacek

Groups: Registered

1987 Maytag LDG712. Dryer mechanically works well, did major work 2 years ago with new motor, drum seals, etc. No other repairs since nearly new when I replaced the hot-surface igniter, solenoid coils, and the blower wheel over the course of about 2 years. But it has a control issue.

When drying on nearly any setting the dryer seems to occasionally begin to shut off and then picks up again. Somehow it mostly works for me but for my wife and family it usually stops with the clothes still very damp. Or it may run all night and not stop, even though the clothes are quite dry. Cycle doesn't matter - timed, electronic timed, or either of the two fully automatic cycles.

I recently noticed that when started on a fully-automatic cycle the timer eventually moved down into the electronic timed dry cycle, so I assumed the timer must be bad and replaced it. Might've helped a bit, but it's still shutting off sometimes. Seeing that at least one of the thermostats isn't even available any more, I'm not sure where to begin.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.